Position Title: Southeast/Southwest Regional Sales Manager
Reports to: Executive Vice President
Lucifer Lighting is a second-generation family-owned company and over our 30+ years of operation, we have grown from a specialty manufacturer to a global resource for world class architects, designers, and developers who specify our products for everything from high-rise hotels and urban financial centers, to flagship retail stores and restaurants, to private homes and specialty museums.
We have passion for art, design and community. All of our products are designed, prototyped, and manufactured by old-world craftsmen, hands-on machine operators, and high-tech engineers at our sustainably-built headquarters location. Our goal has always been the same: to make lighting fixtures that make it easier for people to see, appreciate and experience special things and places.
Position Summary: The Southeast/Southwest Regional Sales Manager achieves growth quotas by creating and following market specific sales strategies, managing representatives and working closely with specifiers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regularly present product to lighting designers, architects, engineers and interior designers
- Manage representatives in territory- including attention to sales goal fulfillment, problem situations, close following of key opportunities, attention to special relationships in geography, and oversight of sample program
- Develop meaningful relationships with specifiers
- Possess strong product knowledge for compelling product presentations and able to answer technical questions
- Closely follow key open opportunities
- Prepare sales forecasts, budgets, and other projections as required
- Keep senior management informed of economic, competitive, and other factors affecting the region with recommendations for improvement/changes
- Train Sales Representative’s, Inside and Outside Sales Staff, ensuring they are up to date on product and marketing initiatives
- Represent company at Regional and National trade fairs
- Ability to travel 50% of the time
- Comply with all company policies, rules, guidelines and behavior expectations
- Perform other duties as requested by the company
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Enthusiastic, confident and outgoing with solid value core
- Highly motivated and goal-oriented team player and multi-tasker
- Passionate about quality and product, with attention to detail
- Savvy with polish and poise in social settings and presentations
- Superior sales ability including excellent negotiation and communication skills
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 5 years of sales experience in architectural products
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Five years of experience selling architectural lighting or LED industry
- Experience in CRM packages (Salesforce) a plus
Please contact David Stites, Interim HR Director
Lucifer Lighting Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, pregnancy, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status.