Position: Entry Level Engineer-Mercury Lighting
Type: Full Time
Location: Fairfield, NJ
Mercury Lighting Products Co., Inc. is one of the largest independent lighting manufacturers in the USA today.
Established in 1946 as the first fluorescent tube was being introduced, the company has grown to be a fully integrated lighting manufacturer.
We have now positioned ourselves into the architectural LED specification market with our new branding of Mercury Architectural Lighting. We will give this new brand the same attention to quality and service that we’ve always given to the Mercury Lighting brand for the last 70 years.
- New product design and development along with improvement to existing products. Assistance in the design of custom projects.
- Must become fully familiar with our existing product line with an ability to recognize opportunities to use existing parts within new or custom designs.
- Creation of Excel based BOM’s, assembly documentation, installation instructions and line drawings.
- Provide technical support to Production, Sales, Customer Service and Purchasing.
- Ability to create clear, concise, accurate and professional drawings for both internal use as well as to be sent to outside vendors and, potentially customers.
- Be able to communicate well with the rest of the Engineering and Sales personnel and provide status updates on projects assigned. Must be able communicate any questions or difficulties that arise during a project to prevent delays.
- Other responsibilities will be assigned as needed.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Design
- Proficiency with Solidworks and Draftsight (or equivalent software with the understanding that they will need to learn them if they are offered the position)
- Knowledge of sheet metal fabrication, extrusion fabrication and possess a general familiarity with other fabrication methods and processes
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Good organizational skills
- Knowledge in electrical and/or electronic wiring and circuiting is helpful
- Lighting knowledge helpful but not necessary
- Familiarity with UL standards 1598 and 8750 among others is a plus
Please submit resumes in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org