Visa Lighting, an Oldenburg Group Company is located in Glendale, Wisconsin. We are a leading US brand in performance architectural lighting, creating high quality, innovative lighting products. Manufactured and assembled in the United States with sustainable practices and responsive design, our leading-edge products are designed for commercial, educational, healthcare, hospitality, and other applications.
Our philosophy of employee empowerment allows us to be the best place to work as defined by our employees. Visa’s facility is a showcase of modern design and manufacturing which promotes innovative thinking and collective collaboration amongst our passionate team members.
We are actively seeking an experienced East Regional Sales Manager (this is a remote position/ relocation is not required)
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: Under the direction of the Vice President of Sales & Marketing and in conjunction with the Inside Sales Manager, direct, coordinate and manage Sales and supporting activities of assigned territory. Be accountable for regional top line growth, profitability, costs & expenditures and effective use of time.
- Manage the sales performance of independent sales representatives for the assigned territory.
- Bi-annual, or as circumstances warrant, review of strengths and weaknesses (including Visa Lighting, competitors, and representatives).
- Train, motivate, and support agency personnel on product line and sales skills. (train the trainer)
- Quote large jobs or smaller projects with budget limitations and / or specials.
- Evaluate Agent performance for hiring, and termination purposes.
- Participate in the development of, and communicate Agent’s annual sales goals.
- Create sales plans with representatives to increase Visa Lighting’s market penetration in all markets.
- Communicate and enforce company policies in the field.
- In conjunction with the Vice President of Sales and Marketing and the Inside Sales Manager, manage all sales activity for the assigned region, this will include but not be limited to the following:
- Generate profitable top line growth.
- Build and maintain relationships with sales representatives, specifiers, contractors, distributors and end users.
- Understand the dynamics of each distinct market (i.e. package vs. line item/contractor vs. distributor vs. agent controlled / competing representatives and associated competing lighting manufactures).
- Understand the dynamics of each quoted order including but not limited to budget pricing, competitive bid information, agent’s position, job information, etc
- Provide technical support for all products, as required.
- Establish and maintain customer goodwill.
- Create/Research and follow up on project opportunities.
- Provide input and support for process changes and improvements and product improvements and introductions.
- Travel within region per approved sales plan or as required by Vice President of Sales & Marketing
- Submit a trip report for each territory visited using standard sales tool provided as means of informing the company of your related territory activity.
- Collect data and input from the field including competitor activity, customer trends, pricing trends, etc.
- Provide Marketing-led research as required, as follows:
- Participation in new product development team activities
- Provide input for use in the development of new product specifications
- Provide input in the development of pricing for new products
- Participate in literature review
- Participate in the selection and management of agency trade shows.
- Participate in the planning and management of agent and specifiers training sessions.
- Provide budgeting and policy input for Sales & Marketing Department.
- Research, update and submit biannual market analysis that includes each territory in assigned region.
- Prepare and present regional report biannually.
- Excellent communications (written and verbal), organizational, time management, multi-tasking, and interpersonal skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Positive personality and demeanor.
- Ability to set and prioritize goals.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Administration, Sales/Marketing or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience with customer service, applications, or sales management in the lighting industry.
- 2-4 years’ experience at a Representative Agency is preferred.
- Regular lifting of 50 pound sample bag
- Rigors of Travel
Benefits Include Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and 401K Plus Match.
Candidates should apply at : https://www.visalighting.com/careers