Reports to: Sr. Product Manager
The Product Manager will be directly responsible for maintaining the existing portfolio of products. They will develop strategic short term and long-term goals for product optimization and work together with various departments to achieve those goals. The individual will also be responsible for evaluating custom project opportunities wherein they will determine profitability, feasibility, and long-term product enhancement strategy. This successful candidate should have prior experience as a product manager, preferably in the lighting industry.
- Evaluate and prioritize key performance and price updates to ensure continued market success of various product lines.
- The successful candidate should possess a high degree of proficiency with project management techniques, methods, and software.
- Develop, execute, and maintain short-term (1-2 year) and long-term (2-3 year) strategic vision for various product lines that supports market-share growth and profitability.
- Define and execute pricing strategies for existing products to reflect changes in industry trends.
- Develop and execute go-to-market strategies for important product updates and upgrades.
- Ability to develop comprehensive P&L analyses to support and prioritize important decisions.
- Pro-actively monitor changes in sales trends for various product lines and adapt strategy to respond to rapid changes in the market.
- Create and lead technical product training for internal administrative support staff.
- Develop and deliver sales-focused product presentations that communicate to our customers the value proposition of our products and the organization.
- Proactively identify and engage with stake holders, industry influencers and members of the sales channel to develop VOC and draft narratives to help achieve cross functional buy-in during definition phases.
- Work closely with senior management in marketing, sales, and engineering teams to maintain continual and transparent communication of changes to existing product.
- Communicate and interface with customers and sales teams to identify viable modification opportunities, perform feasibility analysis, and leverage resources from various departments to execute rapid product customizations.
- Use contemporary software tools to organize data, track projects and lead cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-3 years of Product Management experience, preferably in the lighting industry.
- Must be able to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously, each with different schedules, fluctuating scope and changing priority.
- Must be able to consistently manage and balance projects and priority with minimal guidance from management.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Entrepreneurial: Sees large, complex problems as growth opportunity.
- Driven: Establishes personal goals and is driven to exceed expectation.
- Humble: Acknowledges that we are only as good as our weakest link.
- Collaborative: Communicates effectively and optimizes team effectiveness.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. The employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job responsibility required by his or her supervisor.