Do you have lighting industry experience as a Project Manager, Inside Sales Support, Quotes, or General Customer Service? We have a great opportunity for you to join Lumascape, a division of Hunter Industries, in a fully remote opportunity. First founded in Australia in 1991, our offices now span multiple continents, with North American operations located in San Marcos, CA (San Diego County).
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company with a GREAT company culture. Check out the video on our career culture…https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SctfpbgKm9M
About This Role
The Customer Accounts Specialist provides full sales support functions including the management of Sales from Order through Delivery with the goal of achieving the highest level of customer satisfaction. Serves as the dedicated, primary customer contact for all order transactions and associated inquiries from assigned customer accounts. Also supports internal customers such as Sales personnel, Logistics, and Marketing.
Demonstrates behavior that is consistent with the company’s values of Customer Satisfaction, Innovation, Family, and Social Responsibility.
Essential Job Functions/Tasks
- Provides a high-quality, relationship driven, customer experience in managing the needs of assigned customer accounts within a territory.
- Creates new customer accounts by processing credit reference documents, obtaining credit approval, obtaining resale certificate, and adding customer to the order-entry system; confirms and inputs payment terms and contact details.
- Adheres to set turnaround standards for working through customer requests. Timely completes order entry upon approval of Pricing Worksheet.
- Is an active partner of the shared department phone queue; ensures that presence is maintained throughout each day while providing a timely and thorough service experience with each call received.
- Creates work orders and processes purchase and dropship orders. Provides Order Acknowledgement to customer with expected delivery dates. Tracks progress of customers’ orders. Communicates with customer regarding changes to delivery dates.
- Coordinates shipping process – production of Pick and Pack Lists, obtaining ship dates and billing information.
- Coordinates intermodal or consolidated shipments with the logistics team.
- Creates ERP Sales Invoice, including any shipping charges, and distribute to Customer and Agent.
- Monitors and tracks order progress, volume, issues, and maintains accuracy of the progress in the shipment tracking system.
- Communicates order status to customers and internal departments regarding open orders, backorders, pricing, product updates, order discrepancies, and shipment deliveries.
- Tracks and obtains payments prior to shipping for new customers or customers that have not been active for over two years.
- Answers all customer inquiries, individually or in collaboration with other team members, with respect to pricing, availability, product knowledge, order updates, A/R, cancellation of orders, RMA/NCR requests, freight inquiries, discrepancies, and various order entry requests. Provides information to customers regarding new product offerings, product availability, and product sunsets.
- Has basic product knowledge of broad item families and may have more in depth item specific knowledge.
- Resolves product issues or shipment discrepancies by clarifying the customers’ complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
- Processes new product RMA return from customer for account adjustments that include restock fees and price difference adjustments.
- Proactively contributes customer-focused ideas to improve processes, throughput, or service standards; looks for opportunities to manage or produce orders more efficiently and profitably while still meeting customer needs.
- Provides back-up support for multiple territories.
Education/Training Required and Preferred:
- Associate Degree or equivalent work experience.
Experience Required And Preferred
- 1-3 years’ experience in the lighting industry or similar business environment.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities Required And Preferred
- Must have excellent writing skills, listening skills, organizational skills, and customer relations skills.
- Must have excellent telephone manners and ability to redirect inquiries to the proper team or group.
- Proactive and have the understanding and importance of credit and collections.
- Proficient in use of computer software, specifically MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook). Citrix/Visual and Cherwell experience desired.
- Experience with ERP, MRP, and CRM Systems.
- Must be able to analyze reports and use data for planning, communicating, decision making and problem analysis.
- Ability to troubleshoot delays and change processes to avoid future problems.
- Attention to detail and accuracy required.
- Must be able to work overtime when required.
- Experience in the lighting industry desired, but not required.
About Hunter Industries
We are a global leader in the irrigation, outdoor lighting, dispensing technology, and custom manufacturing industries. Driving our continued success is the combined energy and talents of the nearly 3,000 people on our team. Together, we create a diverse array of products that can be seen all over the world, from residential landscapes to national landmarks, stadiums, parks, hotels, and municipal buildings. Although we’re global, we’re family owned, and our casual, fun, and caring company culture is what makes this a special place to work. As we grow, we are dedicated to preserving our unique culture that makes our employees proud to work here. Whether you’re pursuing a career at our headquarters in Southern California, or an opportunity at one of our state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities, or something somewhere in between, we look forward to welcoming you to Hunter Industries and our Family of Companies.
Follow us on LinkedIn, check out our rave reviews on Glassdoor, and learn more about our company culture on our career site: http://corporate.hunterindustries.com/careers
Hunter Industries and its Family of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristic.