We Light the Way!
Acuity Brands (NYSE: AYI) is transforming the lighting industry. We take pride in our 12,000 employees, and they take pride in working with the best in the industry. Join a team committed to lighting the way to a more brilliant, connected, and productive world. Individually we are talented, but together we are unstoppable.
About this Team
How you will contribute:
- Provide sales opportunities by calling on various buying influences in our defined territory. Buying influences are any company, organization, group and/or person who can influence the purchase of our Products and Services. Meet sales goals and quotas set by sales management.
- Build and cultivate relationships with various buying influences which will support the value proposition. This effort should be done to maximize sales opportunities and profitability for our Products and Services.
- Utilize toolsets provided by the company as well as external sources of information to search out and find potential sales opportunities for our Products and Services. Provide support to develop pricing for the sales of our Products and Services.
- Interact with other Holophane Sales Representatives throughout our organization to support sales of the Products and Services in opportunities involving multiple territories and National Accounts and Focused Account personnel.
- Utilize ABS tools to increase sales rep effectiveness and improve sales results
- Provide post-sales support which may involve resolution of product deficiencies and/or delivery of material by third party partners.
- Be a positive and respected representative of the company in organizations and activities which involve industry leaders. This means participating actively in groups which educate and support the growth of Specified Products and Services.
- Candidate must be able to utilize basic Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other technical programs to analyze business data and report effectively within a matrix organization. Candidate must be able to effectively communicate and work collaboratively in a matrix organization.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 5 to 7 years of relevant experience is required.
- A basic understanding of the lighting and/or controls business is preferred.
- Overnight travel required. Percentage of travel based upon geographic needs.
- Expected Travel up to 60-80%