Looking for a passionate Western Regional Sales Manager.
Specialty Lighting is a NY/NJ based Company who’s been well established for over 30 Years that innovates, creates and manufacturers award winning architectural lighting products. As an industry leading creative company, we are looking for an energetic and driven Regional Sales Manager with a proven record of success in driving sales revenue and generating business. The ideal candidate will be based within the Western Region.
Essential Function and Responsibilities
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) will control her/his success by driving revenue through proactively building and growing strategic relationships with existing and new agents and key distributors of the Western region.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as necessary from time to time.
- Actively promote company products to sales partners and design community.
- Grow sales and profits in new and existing Lighting Representative (Rep) territories
- Develop and manage a strong network of sales representatives in assigned territory
- Visit Reps and customers frequently, building strong relationships with Rep sales team and specifiers
- Regularly give well planned training and sales presentations to Rep sales team and specifiers
- Demonstrate and familiarize lighting representatives, customers, end users and decision makers with new products (services) and developments.
- Represent Company at both regional and national lighting shows
- Provide technical support to Rep sales/quotations staff as necessary
- Assist in development of sales goals and targets with sales management team
- Provide regular sales reports. Document sales activities in Customer Relationship Module (CRM) and supplemental reporting
- Share market intelligence, best practices, etc. with both Lighting Representative and internal sales teams
- Assist in development of sales and marketing collateral materials and trade shows
- Proactively pursue knowledge of lighting products, and their markets
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or other relevant field
- Minimum of three years’ experience in the lighting industry with strong knowledge of lighting terminology, technology and usage
Traits we’re looking for:
- Team Player with positive and passionate personality
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and other employees of the organization.
- Strong mechanical aptitude. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures and terminology.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions of customer requirements.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft applications and web navigation.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently, multi-tasker, detail oriented
- Able to travel overnight 50%
- Competitive base Salary
- Yearly Bonus and Commission
- Medical Benefits
- IRA Matching
- PTO/Holiday time off
Please submit resume and cover letter to: [email protected]