WAC Lighting – National Sales Manager – STRUT is responsible for overall relationship management of customers and sales reps in a specified territory, to meet or exceed sales goals, and increase market share while exceeding customer expectations.
Critical Success Factors:
- Development and execution of strategic plans to achieve sales targets
- With strong understanding of marketplace, manage and drive sales performance of product line
- Positive relationship management both internal and external with the goal of increasing sales
- Execute company sales growth objectives via coordinated efforts with internal and external Sales, Business Development Team, and outside independent sales rep force.
- Develop and implement strategic plans for the achievement of sales targets.
- Collaborate with Sales Reps, Specifiers, Showrooms, Integrators with to develop new business and increase overall sales. This includes but is not limited to training and developing independent reps and customers, ensuring reps dedicate sufficient time to WAC STRUT product line with the overall goal of increasing sales.
- Identify issues or challenges and collaborate to satisfactory resolution in a timely manner. Including field site visits.
- Conduct in field market research and provide well thought out new product ideas including target market, suggested price points and anticipated sales forecast.
- Collaborate with Research and Development, Marketing, Submittals team and other Sales managers to develop market research strategy to effectively identify customer needs for products and services.
- Work with R&D team to identify product specifications based on sales forecasts.
- Work with global product and purchasing teams to identify cost associated with development of each product, analyzes ROI and makes recommendations on products worth moving forward.
- Coach, train, motivate and mentor.
- Develop effective training and tools for Sales and Support teams.
- Identify and form relationships with strong strategic partners.
- Drive and evaluate performance of each independent sales representative group and make recommendations for hiring/termination as necessary.
- Manage within approved expense, returns and discount budgets.
- 5-7 years sales experience with proven track record of success managing independent sales force within the lighting industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent work-related experience in a business-related field
- Strong knowledge of linear lighting companies in commercial and residential marketplace.
- Strong knowledge of linear lighting control and installation requirements.
- Solid strategic planning and execution skills.
- Solid technical ability to understand and support marketplace.
- Self-directed, ability to produce results independently
- 70 to 80% travel within assigned territory
- Proven ability to exercise good judgment and discretion
- Experience managing product lifecycles
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization and project management skills.
- Ability to meet tight and changing deadlines.
- Potential overseas international travel for up to 2 weeks at a time (1-2 overseas trips per year).
- Effective presentation skills and the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to drive directives through non-direct reports.
- Attention to detail, establishing priorities and meeting deadline
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to multitask.
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes: paid time off; medical & dental coverage (including family coverage), vision, life, 401(k); tuition assistance; and continuous training and development.
About WAC Lighting:
Celebrating over 37 years of business and significant growth, WAC strives to be the most recognized and respected lighting fixtures company in the industry. We offer innovative and quality products and provide extraordinary customer service. We are an entrepreneurial company offering excellent career and growth opportunities. For more information, visit our Web site, www.waclighting.com
We strive every day to develop sustainable lighting by maximizing the aesthetic quality of today’s interior environment while minimizing the impact on our world’s precious natural environment. To achieve this goal, we are developing luminaries that deliver the finest quality of light with the most energy efficient lamping and optic technology available. We acknowledge our responsibility to raise the standards for how lighting quality is provided.
- For immediate consideration, please e-mail your resume to: [email protected] Given the high volume of responses, only qualified candidates will be contacted. WAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V encouraged to apply.