The Product Manager supports the development, refinement and promotion of Kenall’s lighting product solutions, providing tangible benefits that improve Kenall’s and its clients’ ROI. Under the guidance of the Senior Director of Marketing, the Product Manager is responsible for determining and developing the appropriate product mix in specific categories, marketing planning, and core messaging to ensure a best-in-class competitive product with predictable, recurring, and profitable revenue streams.
This position will be a Hybrid position working out of our facility in Kenosha, WI… just 1 mile East of I-94, 7 miles north of the WI/IL border.
Click her to apply. https://jobs-legrand.icims.com/jobs/7592/product-manager/job
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
The Product Manager will have a proven track record and proficiency in managing the development, implementation and launch of new product initiatives including product, placement, price and promotion. This involves managing the activities of internal/external stakeholders and working closely with Kenall’s functional business departments.
The Product Manager will also have a proven track record and proficiency in the discipline of product marketing, having successfully taken new products to market. The Product Manager will research and gather insights to assist the Senior Director of Marketing in setting priorities (product roadmap) for product portfolio planning that includes, but is not limited to product modifications, restages, line extensions and new product introductions. The successful candidate will utilize market insights and intelligence, as well as anecdotal knowledge from Kenall employees and it’s Agents to understand market needs, product attributes, shopping and selection criteria, and the competitive set-in order to develop unique selling propositions that lead to clear brand positioning and consistent core messaging.
ESSENTIAL ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all aspects of product management, including plans for long- and short-term product evolution to ensure competitive advantage in the marketplace. Monitor market trends to keep product market expertise current and to provide trend updates and potential corresponding marketing/sales action items.
- Develop and maintain product documentation and demonstrations.
- Collaborate with the sales team to create and/or refine unique selling and value propositions that clearly define and demonstrate a measurable value to the marketplace.
- Continuously refine and develop all aspects of the products/lines based on future market potential and innovative lighting solutions to develop concepts that ensure profitable revenue growth opportunities.
- Perform Voice of the Customer in the form of CX and UX improvement activities in managing specifier and agent relationships as it pertains to product requirements and needs.
- P&L analyses to support and make product line decisions
- Work closely with sales and engineering to monitor client needs and opportunities to further the market potential to ensure the evolution of the product is consistent with changing market needs.
- Develop product roadmaps and NPD priorities within designated product groups.
- Assess our proprietary products and services to determine needs to refine, enhance, integrate and/or augment existing lighting product solutions to improve Kenall’s competitive edge in the marketplace within assigned verticals.
- Lead the processes to capture market demand, source of volume estimates, unit volume forecasting and margin analysis within specified verticals for the purpose of building relevant businesses cases.
- Collaborate with the Senior Director of Marketing, sales and engineering to identify new product enhancement and development opportunities.
- Support the development of marketing literature and sales/customer service and agent training.
Continuously refine measurement methodology and potential client ROI scenarios to ensure success metrics that drive product penetration and ongoing demand within assigned vertical markets.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or Engineering
- 5+ years of Product Management experience in the lighting industry required
- Knowledge of Healthcare, Cleanroom, Correctional, and Parking lighting markets a plus
- The ability to develop functional knowledge of technical data, lighting, and engineering design software.
- Proficiency in clearly and concisely communicating thoughts, ideas, and conclusions in written and verbal forms. Strong presentation skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of process and operational workflows, expertise in project management techniques and methods.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of continuous improvement methodologies, tools, and techniques (data collections, process mapping, data analysis) for solutions.
- Ability to manage, prioritize and balance multiple projects and tasks simultaneously and within schedules, to achieve successful results.
- Able to work independently with minimal guidance and direction from management.
- The ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and industry publications.
- Resourceful and highly organized with an attention to detail and accuracy.
- Flexibility around changing priorities and schedules; willingness to work additional hours as needed to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to travel when required.
- Medical insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- Tuition assistance
- Disability insurance
Company Info: Kenall is a brand of Legrand.
Representing more than 150 years of innovation, Legrand is the global specialist in electrical and digital building infrastructures. Our purpose is improving lives by transforming the spaces where people live, work and meet with electrical and digital infrastructures and connected solutions that are simple, innovative and sustainable. Every day, over 39,000 Legrand employees work hard to enhance the buildings of tomorrow. Legrand is a global, publicly traded company listed on the Euronext (Legrand SA EPA: LR) with revenue of €7 billion, and products sold in 180 countries. For more information, visit www.legrandgroup.com/en
About Legrand North and Central America
Legrand North and Central America (LNCA) employs over 6,500 associates in 50 locations, working across six divisions/sector: Audio Visual, Building Controls Systems, Data Power and Controls, Electrical Wiring Systems, and Lighting. We hold a leading position in every North American market we serve and focus on exceeding our customers’ needs within the commercial, residential, and industrial industries. LNCA offers comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as distinctive benefits like a high employer 401K match, above-benchmark paid maternity and parental leave, paid time off to volunteer, and an active/growing Employee Resource Group network. LNCA is an employee-centered, growing company with tremendous opportunity. For more information, visit legrand.us
About Legrand’s Lighting Sector
Legrand’s Lighting Sector consists of five lighting brands; Pinnacle, Finelite, Focal Point, and OCL which focus on architectural, decorative, and downlighting and Kenall which focuses on lighting for demanding environments. We employ a talented group of employees that love lighting to design and manufacture high performance, energy efficient LED lighting solutions for applications in commercial, educational, healthcare, as well as challenging environments such as tunnels and correctional facilities. With an eye toward sustainable design, our focus is on specification-oriented products and solutions that meet the functional needs of spaces while working in harmony with the designer’s vision for those spaces. Our focus is on specification-oriented products and solutions that meet the functional needs of spaces while working in harmony with the designer’s vision for those spaces. We work with architects, engineers, and contractors to supply lighting built specifically for their client’s projects.