SPI Lighting is actively and aggressively searching for an experienced Regional Sales Manager to add to our outside sales team. The ideal candidate will have proven lighting industry experience within a sales capacity. This position is required to drive sales growth within a defined territory by facilitating and closing opportunities within the lighting space. The role primarily generates and pursues active sales opportunities by face to face, phone, and/or email contact with our lighting agency partners, electrical, engineers, architects, and lighting designers. SPI Lighting, based in Mequon, is a progressive leader in the design and manufacturing of architectural and performance engineered lighting products.
MISSION: A proud family who complements architectural spaces.
VISION: To inspire all with whom we interact.
VALUE: A passion for excellence.
SPI Lighting is a family who strives for a culture that is safe, respectful, fun, collaborative, adaptable, and accountable, with a focus on continuous improvement. The development of our people is essential. We aim to exceed what is expected from us, always.
Objectives and Requirements of the RSM Role:
- Works closely with Marketing, Inside Sales, Customer Service, and Engineering to develop and implement strategic plans to increase sales.
- Builds relationships with sales representatives, specifiers, and other customers of SPI by traveling through assigned territory and meeting face-to-face or contacting by phone.
- Conducts product demos and presentations with specifiers and agency partners.
- Makes recommendations to President regarding changes to agencies due to performance.
- Works with the President to establish agency goals.
- Works with Administrative Coordinator & Human Resources Generalist to arrange agency/specifier factory visits.
- Works with President to determine participation in major lighting shows.
- Capacity to assume more significant responsibilities and authority over time as determined by President.
- Travel requirement of 50-75%.
- Completes call reports after each sales contact meeting.
- Bachelors degree from four-year college or university.
- At least 4 years of professional outside sales experience in lighting.
SPI Lighting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package to include a generous 401k match, and a terrific working environment.
Please submit resume and cover letter to: [email protected].