JOB TITLE: Marketing Manager – Architectural Collection
STATUS: Full Time, On-site
LOCATION: Skokie, IL
SUPERVISOR: Director of Marketing
At Visual Comfort & Co. our mission is to bring Visual Comfort to every space and setting by harnessing the transformative power of light and our design. Visual Comfort & Co. is the premier resource for decorative lighting, architectural lighting, and ceiling fans from the most influential designers in the world. We are proud to offer a market-leading range of premium products across categories, styles, and price points, remaining committed to beautiful design and, above all, world-class customer experience.
This role is instrumental in helping Visual Comfort become even more well-known for its broad assortment of Architectural (Functional) Lighting. The Marketing Manager will support Architectural Lighting growth across all channels including Visual Comfort’s Direct business, Lighting Specifiers, Showrooms, Integrators, E-Commerce, and Direct-to-Designers.
This role will help build and expand the Visual Comfort brand by driving awareness and inspiration of Visual Comfort’s Architectural product portfolio through a wide range of online and offline marketing activity related to product launches, digital marketing efforts and sales materials. This role will be expected to report quarterly on measurable activities and monitor the competitive landscape.
- New Product Introductions – Work closely with Product Development, Creative and Engineering teams to ensure every new product launches with complete and accurate content, imagery and inspiring/educational sales tools.
- Catalog/Website/Specification Sheets – Work closely with Product Development and Creative teams to prepare, build and maintain Architectural catalogs/brochures, website content and specification sheets. Includes drafting, copy writing, proofing, working with the web-team for implementation, and coordinating distribution.
- Sales Tools/Trainings – Support the Sales Teams by soliciting feedback on material needs and execute upon feedback via a “project management” mindset and within the expectations of the budget. Sales Tools include rep cases, catalogs/brochures, application imagery, installation and feature videos, webinar trainings, etc.
- Tradeshow – Work closely with the Merchandising, Sales and Creative teams to ensure Visual Comfort’s Architectural merchandising displays, marketing collateral and special events represent the brand in the best possible light. Attend tradeshows including set-up, training, and interacting with Sales Reps and Customers.
- Email Campaigns & Social Media – Drive brand awareness through creation of email and social media topics including Instagram, LinkedIn, and Pinterest. This role is responsible for developing a content calendar and working with the Creative team to deploy relevant content to each platform. This role is expected to build relationships with Reps and Customers for unique content building and attaining UGC rights managed imagery.
- Competitive Research – Monitor and report on marketing programs led by competitive lighting companies across all relevant channels.
- Budget – Responsibly execute upon marketing initiatives within the expectations of the budget and help track expenses for the department.
- To set objectives and marketing plans related to brand strategy, new product development pipelines and sales goals, all in the context of an ever increasing understanding of the competitive space and the key market drivers. Conduct research to provide marketplace/competitive assessments and recommendations regarding entry into possible new categories, markets or channels.
- To manage & measure ongoing marketing plans — making recommendations about objectives, key messaging, proposed vehicles, budget estimates, research/metrics, etc. and then executing approved plans throughout successful completion.
- To serve as brand source for internal PR outreach, providing brand priorities, direction, key messaging and product information as newsworthy products/programs are launched — striving for positive, timely, accurate publicity in targeted publications, blogs and social media outlets, particularly building our expertise within targeted social media that impacts our key constituents.
- To plan and create multi-faceted marketing/sales plans to support/publicize large, new product roll-outs driven by the timing of industry-wide trade shows/conferences during which the brands tend to launch their new lines. Particularly as brands enter brand new product categories, investigate and recommend impactful launch tools.
- To develop ongoing sales support materials, programs, newsletters, merchandising tools to increase the productivity and effectiveness of our network of sales reps with our customers (whether showrooms, internet retailers or industry specifiers, e.g. architects, lighting designers, etc.)
- To define consumer communications objectives and strategies to ultimately build more brand awareness with consumers, engaging them in lighting decisions and lighting’s significant impact on any design project. Ensure brand websites are inspiring, current and consumer friendly.
- To write and continually update copy for a wide range of marketing materials, e.g. catalogs, product descriptions, social media posts, sales/customer newsletters, a wide variety of email blasts, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or related field.
- A minimum of five (5) years of full-time experience as a professional marketing manager (spanning both traditional and digital marketing).
- 3 years’ experience in Architectural Lighting
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities will be accepted.
- Experience in multi-channel B2B and B2C business models is a plus.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Must exhibit proficient computer skills utilizing the Microsoft Office Suite of software, including word processing, presentations, spreadsheets, and outlook. Experience with Constant Contact database/email system, a plus.
- Strong knowledge of the principles, practices, and objectives of marketing, particularly in product marketing
- Proven success in developing, implementing and measuring marketing programs, public relations, social media, digital marketing, etc.
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills, with some copy writing experience (with samples available)
- Interest in and energy to investigate new marketing strategies, techniques and tactics to bring a steady stream of new recommendations designed to meet the overall marketing objectives in more efficient and/or effective ways
- Master’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related field, a plus.
What Visual Comfort & Co. Offers:
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Company provided Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability.
- 401(k) Employer Match.
- Paid Time Off Programs
- Comprehensive Benefits Package.
- Team Member discounts on Visual Comfort Products.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
During employment team members and candidates are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
Candidates may email [email protected] for more information
Click here to apply