Job based in Carson, CA
NLS Lighting is a cutting-edge LED Lighting manufacturing company seeking a talented CAD drafter/3D designer in our engineering department and fast-paced, diverse, and deadline-oriented environment.
- Applicants must be able to work with little supervision.
- Good attitude, work ethic, and attention to detail equally important.
- Must be flexible and team-oriented.
- Typical projects are varied and include residential and commercial LED lighting fixtures.
- Experience in 3D CAD, Solidworks, and LED lights and electronics
- Work closely with designers, marketing, production to ensure production drawings reflect customer critical requirements.
- Provide complete, detailed, and accurate drawings to manufacturing operations
- Prepare production information (i.e. drawings, that provide the necessary information for programming, machining, and assembly operations.
- Provide detailed drawings for use in purchasing outsourced products.
- Maintain a library of standard designs, drawings, and specifications.
- Work directly with shop floor personnel on issues and manufacturing concerns, ensuring continuous product and process improvements
- Incorporate post-production updates of first article build
- Process Engineering Change Notices (ECNs)
- Assess products and make appropriate changes to maximize Design-for-Manufacturability/Installation.
- Interface with Designers to give feedback from Production that will enhance future designs.
- Improve how the Production Drafting work is done to eliminate waste and improve the quality of the documentation.
- Create photographs/cut sheets as applicable.
- Complete work orders, and administrative paperwork as required.
- Can speak Spanish (prefer and not required)
- CAD (Solidworks required) 3 years+ experience in 3D drafter.
- Background in manufacturing.
- Good organization skills,
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Experience in problem-solving in a team environment.
An Associate Degree in CAD or equivalent work experience.
Interested candidates should send their resume to Evelyn Ramirez at email@example.com