a•light is hiring! https://www.alights.com/
Our growing organization is seeking an Applications Engineer to join our Applications Team.
a•light is an exciting, customer driven, architectural lighting design and manufacturing company based in the Oceanside, California.
If you are qualified and enthusiastic, please apply through the link on this page.
Our Open Position: Applications Engineer
Position based in sunny Oceanside, California.
The Applications team is comprised of people who have strong technical knowledge of lighting fundamentals and can communicate this knowledge clearly to clients, local representatives and internal staff.
The Applications Engineer is a highly visible position that directly impacts the customer’s experience with the company. It is through regular direct customer contact, the utilization of technical knowledge and real-world design experience that this position seeks to meet and exceed the customer’s expectations. As an integral part of the Applications and Customer Experience team, this position is key to the development of strong technical knowledge of lighting fundamentals within the entire team. The role requires a highly effective communicator and relationship building interaction with all stakeholders (Clients, local representatives and internal staff).
Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities
First and foremost, to effectively communicate with customers to help them realize their architectural lighting vision by applying the capabilities of our company through design and engineering.
Answering and troubleshooting technical questions with customers both before a job is specified, and after it has been installed.
Topics discussed regularly:
- LED/Driver compatibility. (both dimming, switching and emergency)
- Sensors. (including occupancy, daylight, and combination sensors)
- Modifications to standard fixtures.
- Create and Manage IES file library.
Lighting calculations using standard and modified product (AGl32) Assist customer service and sales departments with the following:
- Review complex orders to ensure customer gets what they intend.
- Review of designer drawings and details to assist in a successful design.
- Cross-overs of existing specifications.
Work with Engineering department on the following:
- Develop modified solutions for mounting, shielding, and luminaire configurations.
- Submittal drawings.
- Redline submittals.
- Review of initial orders for questions and concerns.
- Manage Workflow.
- Comfortable communicating with clients continually.
- Strong work ethic.
- Takes care to get to the heart of a question and determine an appropriate solution.
- Creative problem solver and team builder.
- Ability to learn, apply and teach the use computer programs. (Solid Works, Photopia, company database and workflow programs)
- Coaching and mentoring both the Customer Experience Team and BOM Technicians.
- Help customers realize their architectural lighting vision by applying the capabilities of our company.
- Answering and troubleshooting technical questions both before a job is specified, and after it has been installed.
- Lighting calculations using standard and modified product. (AGI32)
- Submittal Design, Layout, Production and Digital Communication.
- Participating in collaboration meetings.
- Specific presentations delivered both on and off site.
Knowledge of lighting include the following:
- Strong understanding of Illuminance, Exitance, Luminance, Lumens and Candela.
- LED technology.
- (occupancy, and photocell)
- LED drivers, and dimming capabilities.
- Lighting control protocols.
- Knowledge of reflector and lens materials.
Computer program understanding to include the following:
- MS Office.(Preferred, but not essential.)
- Adobe Suite. (Preferred, but not essential.)
- Ability to adapt and learn new computer programs quickly applying knowledge gained.
Prefer: Bachelor Degree in Architecture, Architectural Engineering, or Interior Design with emphasis in lighting design or similar.
EEO / AAE Statement
a•light is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO).
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
a•light is a Luminaires Group Company. http://www.theluminairesgroup.com/
a•light is a leading high-end specification lighting manufacturer. We have an award-winning product line, exceptional customer service, and uncompromising quality. Located in Oceanside, California; We have a great work environment and promote a good work-life balance for its employees.
a•light focuses on high-end architectural products designed for specification by architects, lighting designers, interior designers and engineers.
a•light operates out of our 54,000 sq. ft. facility in Oceanside, CA and build state-of-the-art, energy efficient lighting fixtures for installation into countless commercial, institutional, industrial and government building projects throughout North America.
EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity)
Disclaimer: “The above statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Nothing in the job description restricts the company’s rights to change, assign, or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time for any reason.”
Email resume to: email@example.com or apply here.