The Current salesforce is comprised of dynamic sales professionals who possess entrepreneurial spirit, know how to serve the customer and work collaboratively.
Expectations and Responsibilities
- Establish new accounts and manage established accounts within assigned territory to achieve or exceed established sales targets
- Collaborate with inside sales support to maximize on new sales leads efficiently and effectively
- Develop strong relationships with customers by creating customized account plans and commercial strategies
- Solicit and sign new distribution in territory
- Identify, develop and manage channel partners to achieve channel goals
- Drive market growth and share gain of Current fixtures, lamps, and controls
- Working in conjunction with Inside Sales and Sales Engineers, assist with proposals for new projects while collaborating consultatively with customers to determine most effective products and technology to exceed goals
- Maintain knowledge on current and new products to educate customers for design implementation
- Develop product knowledge of agent and distribution partners through regular product training sessions
- Analyze market trends and needs within the territory and proactively seek to stay in the forefront
- Stay on top of the competitive environment, industry trends, and local market dynamics to continually adjust commercial strategies for assigned territories.
- Assist in developing forecasts and budgets focused on penetrating new markets based on market analysis and sales trends
- Engage in critical thinking to leverage products application knowledge and bring successful resolution to customer or construction/design obstacles
- Collaborate with builders, contractors, designers, developers and specifiers to build a unique, innovative plan for each account
- Coordinate with supply chain to assure punctual service to customers
- Provide pricing strategy and negotiate contracts
- Collaborate with internal teams to drive the market with innovative products
- Maintain CRM database of leads, calls, sales opportunities, and account details to maximize profitability, customer relationships, and project pipeline growth
- Ensure accountability within the account by leading quarterly strategic account reviews, semi-annual account reviews, and annual internal Region reviews
High degree of personal and professional ethical standards
Ideal Candidate Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Technology, or Business
- A minimum of 5 years of outside sales experience to technical and executive decision makers
- Strong technical knowledge in lighting, fixtures, controls, and IoT
- Experience in a company that manufactures and markets technically complex controls products through a variety of distribution channels
- Extensive experience and capability to speak “up and down” the channel/construction cycle (designers, manufacturers, engineering firms, general contractors, etc.)
- Proven success in consistently exceeding sales quota
- Experience selling to contractors, builders, and designers
- Experience cultivating long-term relationships with the appropriate key account decision makers
- Long history of building strong customer and channel (Agent, Electrical Contractor, Electrical Distributor, Lighting Controls Contractor) relationships within complex multi-channel go-to-market manufacturers, coupled with the market know-how to specify, strategize, and define opportunities.
- Develop a complete understanding of the structure assigned accounts and key buying influences
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Proficient with the use of Word and Excel
- Successfully utilizing a CRM in their current role
- Able to multi-task and handle various priorities simultaneously
- Able to travel and cover a large territory
- Strong presentation skills
- Candidate should currently reside in the territory and understand the market landscape
- Relationship builder
- Team Player
- Effective at territory planning and time management skills
- Results-oriented, self-starter that is highly motivated
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Area Manager will work and reside in Florida market, Tampa or Orlando preferred.
Competitive salary with incentive compensation package.
Apply directly to our website at https://smrtr.io/5s-Pz