Area Sales Manager: Job Description
The Western Regional Sales Manager at ALW travels throughout the designated region to effectively promote and sell ALW’s product and brand, contributing to the overall growth and profit of the Company
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Directly responsible for meeting or exceeding Regional Sales Budgets
- Travels to territory sales offices of ALW’s Independent sales Agents on a regular basis to establish general rapport, strong communication and service and cultivate relationships with the agent, design community and distribution. Conducts independent and joint calls on specifiers, GC’s, end users and distributors while in the territory as needed.
- Evaluate Agent Performance, Motivate and Train Sales Personnel, Hire New Agents when necessary
- Actively engage in the Promotion of the ALW Brand and product awareness and education through region
- Become a ‘voice’ of the factory engaging in customer needs from sales to service to field trouble-shooting
- Travel to trade shows, schedule and participate in product launches, etc., to keep our client’s aware of ALW product offerings and latest developments
- Identify territory trends and needs of our customers
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- REQUIRED: Understanding of Lighting Fundamentals, LEDs, Electrical Componentry
- REQUIRED: Understanding of Lighting basics such as photometry and general commercial lighting market
- Team-oriented and collaborative mindset
- Ability to think outside of the box
- Organization and time management skills
- Drive for results
- Conflict resolution, negotiation and problem solving abilities
- Strong analytic skills and business acumen.
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Bachelors Degree Preferred
Candidates must be willing to travel 50-75% of time
ALW manufactures a broad array of architectural lighting – from ambient and accent to archetypal and atypical. We illuminate interior environments with integrity, imagination and innovation while providing incomparable service and support to our customers and their clients.
By challenging the status-quo and innovating every aspect of our business – design, manufacturing, marketing and customer service – ALW seeks to enhance the visual experience of everyone who works, studies, shops and recreates indoors.
We are headquartered in Oakland, California with manufacturing facilities in Ensenada, Mexico. Independent ALW affiliates are located in England, China and India.
Send resume with qualifications to Billy@alwusa.com