Job Title: Communications Manager
Reports To: Director of Marketing
FLSA Status: Exempt, Salaried
Prepared By: Sean Hamilton, Director of Marketing
The Communications Manager is a self-motivated position with experience handling both internal and external business communications. The ideal candidate will be eager to tackle the challenges of developing content that helps build brand recognition. Generating visibility and awareness about existing and new product lines will help the LSI Industries Sales and Marketing efforts. Top candidates will be skilled at creating content that both engages employees and keeps stockholders informed about business decisions. The ability to communicate effectively in written and oral communications is a must. Our Communications Manager will be our spokesperson. Our Communications Manager will need experience working with executive leadership and managing the expectations and relationships that drive successful delivery of relevant and important information to the industry. Candidates will also need to be comfortable in front of and behind the camera.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include the following)
- Define overall internal and external communication needs, develop detailed communication plans, and lead execution of the plan, including divisional Town Halls, PowerPoint presentations, emails, etc.
- Provide communications expertise and execution support to departments/functions within the business for their initiatives
- Prepare communications, often with fast turnaround time. This includes writing, editing and producing a variety of communications for internal audiences.
- Provide heavy planning and communications support for meetings and other events as they arise in support of the Tradeshow and Event Manager
- Develop and deliver press releases and other communications to industry press
- Work with Marketing Management and Regional/Market Vertical specialists to deliver regional communications
- Assist in marketing communication activities as determined by MarCom leadership.
- Manage, update and promote all social media accounts, platforms
- Manage the corporate editorial calendar and communicate to market segments and marketing personnel according to its schedule
- Provide ongoing assessments and reports on state of company communications, content marketing and general industry feedback regarding LSI Industries.
- All other work as assigned.
This job has no personnel supervisory responsibilities.
No competency or factor selected.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or other related field preferred, plus 5+ years professional experience required
- Proven ability to develop and successfully implement communications strategies
- B2B work experience preferred as well as effectively partnering with PR agencies as client to achieve sustainable high performance
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media and technologies influencing earned media
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management
- Must be highly organized and possess excellent written/verbal communication, time management and presentation skills.
- Must be proactive and highly motivated, demonstrating resourcefulness in development and completion of projects and deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work well with a wide range of people in a fast-paced environment.
- Minimal to Moderate travel required.
Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills are essential, including ability to present concepts verbally and effectively respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Microsoft Office applications
- PR systems and web applications
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Interested candidates should contact Kris Adams. firstname.lastname@example.org