1975 Noble Road, East Cleveland, OH, United States (candidate can work remotely)
Current enhances commercial, industrial, city and specialty applications with advanced lighting and intelligent controls. Working with our partners, we deliver the best possible outcomes for our customers.
See why Current is always on at www.gecurrent.com.
At Current, we live and work by our Values:
- Bold in Action – We are always promoting the growth and development of our business, our products, and one another; embracing change and looking to the future.
- Outcomes Driven– We are always clear on our goals, removing obstacles and charting the path to make it happen
- Doing Right – We never compromise the integrity of our actions to ensure healthy, fulfilling lives at work and in our communities
We are seeking an experienced leader to spearhead their lighting controls business and portfolio. Reporting directly to a senior leadership team member, this leader will work cross-functionally with the Commercial, Commercial Operations, Technology, and Product Management organizations and leaders to develop the business’s lighting controls P&L. The Controls Leader will be responsible for the Controls P&L and will drive all aspects of its sales, product portfolio, and go to market strategy to position the business for success. Exceptional lighting controls expertise (at the enterprise level) a demonstrated ability to work effectively within a matrixed organizational environment, and prior P&L ownership are core requirements of this role. The location for this role is flexible with 50% travel as needed both to headquarters and customers.
The position is a critical role on the Senior Leadership team. In this role you will be responsible for developing an effective Controls sales strategy that increases top-line sales growth, defining the Controls product roadmap, as well as developing effective go-to-market and specification strategies in partnership with other members of the leadership team. You will lead a cross-functional team responsible for the success of our overall controls strategy, enabling them to adapt and execute quickly to deliver strong commercial results and growth in integrated lighting solutions, services, software, applications, and controls as demonstrated through outcome-driven revenue generation for the Controls P&L.
- Define and develop strong multi-year sales and product roadmap strategies, leveraging prior industry and market experience
- Collaborate with marketing leaders and controls marketers to ensure strategy alignment and provide insights for furthering our market reach
- Partner with commercial leaders to ensure a deep understanding of their key customers’ needs and key drivers of value; drive and execute pipeline opportunities to create industry leading controls business.
- Leverage your experience and knowledge and provide excellent leadership to build, motivate, educate & activate a high performing team
- Partner with Technology to translate customer needs into viable solutions throughout the year and during the Multi-Generational Planning Process (MGPD)
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer engineering, computer software or related discipline; MBA preferred
- Demonstrated comprehension of the transformation that is taking place in the industry and in the Controls space
- Technical product competency, specifically in Controls and Driver Electronics
- Prior P&L ownership
- Flexibility, resiliency, and adaptability in the face of rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to energize teams at all levels of the organization and effectively balance multiple initiatives within a flat, matrixed structure
- Exceedingly industrious, decisive, transparent, and self-motivated individual to work in a fast-paced environment with limited direction
- Ability to see the linkages between systems and recognize how they need to change
- An advocate for strategic change with a demonstrated ability to articulate a clear vision and secure adoption from a cross-functional team
- Minimum 5 years in controls industry; 10 years of leadership experience
- P&L leadership experience
- M&A leadership experience
- Proven business leader with strong communication skills, demonstrated inclusive behavior, and strong ability to connect with and influence cross functionally to provide effective leadership and direction to product teams
- Customer-focused mindset with proven ability to respond quickly to customer needs
GE Current, a Daintree Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
You can view and apply directly to the position with the following link.