We are North America’s original and most dynamic contemporary lighting showroom.
Find us at: www.lightology.com
Position reports to the Customer Service Manager
The Customer Service Agent must be a highly motivated individual who is eager to accept additional responsibilities when needed. Provides service to customers within a lighting distributor, including answering questions via phone, email, and chat. Communicates with internal personnel regarding the completion of customer transactions and the resolution of customer questions or problems. Supports sales staff in ensuring orders processed are completed to customers’ satisfaction. The ideal candidate has a friendly demeanor, the ability to learn new computer programs, can multitask and complete projects in a timely manner.
- Communicate with clients on the status of their orders.
- Provide tracking on orders that have shipped.
- Offer suggestions/substitutions when items are backordered.
- Ascertain information on the status of clients’ orders prior to the due dates.
- Assist purchasing or inventory management with check on availability of product, delivery or cost.
- Work with purchasing to ensure that orders ship in a timely manner.
- Complete a daily back order report to assure clients are up to date with delivery information.
- Answers customer service calls, questions and complaints in a prompt manner.
- Initiate internal communications and information related to the service of clients and the completion of their transactions.
- Follow the security and other operational procedures for the computer and point of sale environment.
- Assist clients with selecting lighting of their choice.
- Rotate with other customer service employees in the customer pick-up area.
- Previous experience working in a high-volume customer service function in a retail, design or manufacturing environment.
- Good organizational skills and communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of lighting or electrical products would be helpful, but not required.
- Competitive pay
- Health, dental & vision insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan
- Transit Benefits Program
- Ventra Commuter Benefits
Interested candidates should contact Jen Roulo at email@example.com.