The Director of Energy Solutions and Integration oversees all pre-sales business specific to the Energy Services Division. They manage staff members responsible for RFI and RFP preparation, audits, design, scope development, job costing and strategy. Additionally, the Director oversees quality of revenue analysis, gross margin worksheets, proposal development, material and vendor selection and relationship management. The Director also oversees the process for SOP documents and the overall program integration for new and existing Energy Services customers.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the Energy Solutions and Integration team.
- Participate and plan initial kickoff meetings to better understand the new business opportunity and to create critical milestones for opportunity.
- Develop scope of work capturing all job costs.
- Quality of revenue study; define risk and opportunities for each project and develop pricing strategies.
- Collaborate with internal support departments, Sales, and manufacturing partners to support all new business opportunities.
- Identify gross margin upside and convey to Operations at time of customer onboarding.
- Collaborate with Operations and clearly define customer expectations to ensure the ultimate success of the onboarding, program, and account.
- Strategically minimize company costs while seeking to build partnerships with material suppliers, distributors and manufacturing partners.
- Oversee work sent to each manufacturer and distributor. Ensure work is quoted through multiple well-qualified providers.
- Seek to maintain long-term partnerships while also onboarding new manufacturers and distributors to ensure we maintain a competitive environment.
- Ensure relevant performance data is available for manufacturers and distributors. Regularly prepare performance reports on each.
- Train and develop support staff to perform at 100% of the group’s daily functions.
- Provide accurate reporting of all Energy Solutions and Integration Development activities.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet one on one with Sales and internal departments to determine customer design needs.
- Periodically join a Salesperson on a sales call to discuss program expectations.
- Periodically travel to material suppliers, distributors and manufacturers as required to build strategic partnerships.
- Ensure new manufacturer and distributor partners are sufficiently vetted and qualified, with assistance from the Senior Strategic Analyst and Field Partner Recruiter as needed.
- Implement and manage warranty administration process and ensure that company is receiving credits for all materials replaced on a manufacturer’s or distributor’s warranty.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong negotiation and relationship management skills
- Self-motivated and driven to exceed customer expectations
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Adaptability to fast-paced environment with shifting priorities based on urgency, customer expectations, and importance
- Proficiency with MS Office
Education, experience, certifications
- Proven experience in leading a team
- Proven ability to build accountability and develop employees
- Lighting and/or Electrical industry knowledge preferred
- High School graduate
- College degree or technical education preferred
Physical and Mental demands
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment
- Willingness and ability to travel nationwide on occasion
- Position may require working before or after regularly scheduled hours as business needs arise
Apply online at www.theMCgroup.com
MC GROUP – Building Better Brands
Established in 1953, MC Group is one of the largest providers of signage, lighting, and electrical solutions throughout the United States and Canada.
MC’s unique emphasis on efficient, dedicated program management ensures customer satisfaction from concept to completion. We provide our services for some of the nation’s most recognizable blue chip companies in diverse end markets including hospitality, healthcare, C-stores, commercial, industrial, financial, restaurants, and retail.
Employees of MC Group enjoy a casual work environment, full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401-k with a company match, paid life insurance and L/T disability, generous PTO, tuition assistance, employee appreciation events and more!
Job Location: NE Ohio
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Opportunity Employer