WESCO is known for the best service and the best people, always going above and beyond to provide top-notch service to our customers. As a leading global provider of supply chain solutions, WESCO’s goal is to ensure that our customers have the products they need, when and where they need them — whether that is on a construction site or in a manufacturing plant. We back up those products with proven expert services that help companies increase efficiency and productivity, reduce costs, create safer workplaces, and achieve sustainability goals. If this is a culture you want to be a part of, we invite you to join WESCO, a place where inclusion and diversity is valued and continuous improvement is a way of life.
Brief Posting Description
Manages all aspects of the day to day transaction process to ensure timely completion as well as a cost effective and competitive results; Leads and coordinates key functions such as financial feasibility analyses, engineering/design, project legal review, permitting activities and financial negotiations; Coordinates due diligence activities with other internal groups to ensure proper analysis and structuring of assigned projects; Acts as liaison between internal and external specialists regarding procurement, contracting, permitting and interconnection; Constructs contractual arrangements for project development; Negotiates agreements with consultants and subcontractors; Ensures compliance with applicable technical and regulatory requirements; Fosters external relationships with customers and third parties.
- Oversight and management of Project Development team, including:
- Facility/Site audit
- Opportunity strategy
- Solution specification
- Photometric analysis and reporting
- Solution pricing
- Labor selection and quotation
- Rebate analysis
- Proposal development
- Customer presentation and post-presentation follow-up
- Daily management of Project Development team members, including Project Development Specialists, Solution Specialists, Auditors, and support staff
- Coordination with Business Development team on lead turnover
- Coordination with Project Operations team on awarded project turnover
- Develop and manage KPIs to ensure team is tracking to goals
- Creation, interpretation and analysis of opportunity pipeline reporting
- Ongoing process improvement efforts and tracking to enhance team performance and productivity
- 10 years of lighting experience required.
- 5 years of sales experience required.
- 5 year’s experience managing personnel required.
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
- Communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong problem solving capability
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent initiatives (multitasking)
- Organizational skills
- Ability to create and interpret multidimensional reports
- Strong collaboration and team working ability
- Ability to motivate teammates and reports
- MBA preferred. Bachelor’s degree required.
Outside Sales – Work is generally performed in an office environment, but employee may need to travel to customer sites or warehouse facilities. Driving may be required for an extended period of time with frequent stops and starts. Can be exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time.
Employee required to organize and coordinate schedules
Employee required to analyze and interpret complex data.
Employee required to problem-solve.
Employee required to communicate with the public.
Employee required to manage other employees.
At WESCO, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, paid time off (PTO), 401k, tuition reimbursement, STD/LTD, Legal assistance and more.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER WESCO International, Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates (“WESCO”), is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of WESCO to not discriminate against any job applicant or employee based on age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status or any other protected status. This policy includes but is not limited to the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship, layoff, or termination.”
This quick apply application is an expression of interest and not an official application. If you are a fit for this role, you will be contacted by the Talent Acquisition Specialist to officially apply to the role at WESCO.com/careers.