JESCO Lighting, a New York based leader in lighting products for the retail, display/ showcase, residential, and commercial markets, is looking for a high-energy, experienced teammate for the position of Eastern Regional Sales Manager.
This position will be responsible for all sales of JESCO products into the retail lighting showroom and Electrical Distribution trade channels from East of the Mississippi River including Eastern Canada.
The position will report to the President and is based out of your home office.
- Create and implement programs to increase sales and market share.
- Develop, manage and provide product training and lunch-and-learn sessions to the Architects, Specifiers, Retail Showroom and Electrical Distribution markets and channels to increase market share in the specified region.
- Participate in the planning of, attend Trade Events as required.
- Follow up closely on all Sales Leads generated from trade shows and events and magazines to establish relationships and to increase market share.
- Work closely with Inside Sales/Customer Service to ensure all orders, quotations, shipments, customers’ inquiries and requests are handled in a prompt and professional manner.
- Work closely with product managers to suggest new product ideas and providing feedback on competitive product and programs.
- Perform any managerial and administrative duties as authorized or directed by the President and C.E.O.
- Excellent communication skills including a professional manner in dealing with customers and reps and the desire to answer inquiries quickly by phone or e-mail and resolve any issues immediately.
- Ability to learn the complete product line quickly with the assistance of teammates in both the NY and CA offices.
- Desire to professionally assemble a sales plan for the Region that is easy to track and understand both in the field and at the home office.
- Working knowledge of the internet retailers and showroom markets in the region including the key players in each major market.
- Working knowledge of the major National Accounts Distributors in each market.
- Working knowledge of major electrical distributors in the region.
- Knowledge of key specifiers in the Region.
- Proven success in managing independent reps in both the commercial and residential markets.
- Created and implemented programs to increase both sales and market share.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in sales management covering both the retail and commercial lighting markets.
- 50%+ travel in the Region.
- Microsoft Office, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- A team player who works well across sales, marketing, and management disciplines.
- Someone who “acts” as opposed to someone who “reacts” to the market environment.
- Organized and detail oriented.
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org