Reports to: Project Engineering Manager
The Electrical Design Engineer will work across a cross-functional design team consisting of engineers and designers to provide design, documentation, and project management of components and assemblies for use in lighting assemblies. Scope of responsibilities will span individual component design under direction of others to full project management. The successful candidate will be an accountable, resourceful problem solver that is able to work around technical obstacles, self-motivated with the ability to lead design decisions while implementing practical solutions within multi-discipline groups.
- Conduct research into the feasibility, design, operation and performance of electrical and electronic components, assemblies, and systems
- Vetting, validation, and implementation of 3rd party components for use in varying product applications.
- Troubleshooting for root cause analysis of systems including wired and wireless control systems using typical power supply and O-scope Lab equipment
- Design of printed circuit board assemblies utilizing Altium CAD software and creation of build packages for use by contract manufacturers
- Build SolidWorks models of printed circuit board assemblies for use by product design engineers
- Programming of devices, applications, and interfaces to support lighting controls development
- Source, assemble, and test product prototypes
- Interface with other members of the engineering, manufacturing, production, and purchasing departments to ensure timely delivery of work assigned
- Plan and manage projects, and prepare material, cost and timing estimates, reports, and design documentation
- Bachelor of Science Electrical or Electronics Engineering
- 5 years of experience in Electrical Engineering related role preferred
- Experience with Altium or similar circuit board design software
- Experience with 3D CAD software; SolidWorks Preferred
- Ability to work independently after direction is given
- Demonstrated experience working across a cross-functional team
- Systems level thinker with the ability to see the whole project
- Self-starter, capable of keeping up in a fast-paced development atmosphere
- Computer skills using Microsoft Office Products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. The employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job responsibility required by his or her supervisor.