TITLE: Electrical Engineer
REPORTS TO: Director, Lighting Solutions
Responsible for the coordination of all Selux UL DAP Lab activities for the UL listing of New Products and maintenance of existing products. In order to optimize Selux product designs, provide electrical engineering and electronic expertise in selecting LED components and drivers. Support engineering, manufacturing, product management and field service with technical issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Plan DAP Lap work load.
– Liaison with UL Melville on all issues including RFQ.
– Maintain Selux UL DAP Lab in compliance requirements and coordinate annual audit.
– Perform product tests and scribe UL test reports.
– Analyze, troubleshoot and make recommendations to meet UL requirements and improve product performance and reliability.
– PCB and electrical circuit design.
– Lead and oversee Lab Tech as required to perform UL testing protocols.
– Stay current on industry trends and share knowledge with Product Management team.
– Provide product support by investigating LED and driver solutions.
– Provide technical support to Field Service and travel on site when required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Science in Electrical Engineering or technical training and 5+ years manufacturing and/or product design experience
- Product submission process for UL Listing for Luminaries preferred
- Electrical and Electronic expertise in conjunction with Industrial or Commercial manufacturing.
Job Knowledge and Skills:
- Computer skills; Gerber File, Microsoft Office and MRP
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Solid foundation in electrical and electronic design.
- General Lighting theory
- UL1598, UL8750, UL924, UL2108, National and Canadian Electrical Code, IEC, BIS, ANSI, NEMA and IPC standards.
- Various dimming control systems, DMX, and DALI.
- Able to work with lab test equipment, DVMs, oscilloscope, and various other test equipment.
- Comfortable working with voltages up to 480VAC.
- Office, some work with sample fixtures and laboratory work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Includes safety glasses and additional protection as required by law and Selux’s PPE and Safety policy.
- Works in laboratory test environment. Some work in manufacturing for construction and evaluation of prototypes and manufacturing instruction.
- Approximately 5% travel required.
Interested candidates should send their resume to email@example.com
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time