Reports to: Project Engineering Manager
The Electrical Engineering Technician will work across a cross-functional design team consisting of engineers and designers to provide validation, documentation, and project management of implementation of components and assemblies for use in lighting assemblies. Scope of responsibilities will span from lab testing of components and systems to full Project Management. individual component design under direction of others to full project management. The successful candidate will be self-motivated and an accountable, resourceful problem solver that is able to work around technical obstacles.
- Conduct research into the feasibility, operation and performance of electrical and electronic components, assemblies, and systems.
- Vetting, validation, and implementation of 3rd party components for use in varying product applications.
- Troubleshooting for root cause analysis of systems including wired and wireless control systems using typical power supply and O-scope Lab equipment
- Programming of devices, applications, and interfaces to support lighting controls development
- Source, assemble, and test product prototypes
- Interface with other members of the engineering, manufacturing, production, and purchasing departments to ensure timely delivery of work assigned
- Plan and manage projects, and prepare deliverables such as material, cost and timing estimates, reports, and documentation
- Associate of Science Electrical or Electronics Engineering
- 5 years of experience in electrical related field
- Achieve deadlines for assigned projects
- Ability to take direction from engineers and managers; must adapt quickly
- Create accurate models, drawings and documents that meet company standards
- Maintain good communication with all departments, managers, employees and other business-related contacts outside of the company
- Willingness to learn with an adherence and promotion of company mission and values
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. The employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job responsibility required by his or her supervisor.