NLS Lighting is seeking an experienced, hands-on Engineering Manager who possesses an understanding of the LED Luminaire market. This individual will oversee the research and development team and be responsible for the overall administration and management of both new product design and sustaining engineering.
The Engineering Manager will be part of the top management Executive Committee reporting directly to the CEO. Routinely interacting with the VP of Manufacturing and Director of New Product Development to identify product needs and keeping abreast of the latest trends in technology. The Engineering Manager must be a self-motivated individual, effective in their communication and is excited to make an immediate impact in a growing organization.
· Oversee staffing, training and the organization of the engineering department at NLS Lighting
· Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures within the department
· Track and report status updates to Executive Committee
· Actively seek out and take ownership of product issues, manufacturing problems, supplier concerns and product improvement opportunities
· Maintenance of Engineering documentation ensuring consistent accuracy and improvement
· Keeping current records of industry standards as well as regulatory agency and code requirements (UL, DLC, etc.)
What we are looking for:
· BS in Engineering (Mechanical preferred)
· 5+ years’ experience in mechanical systems design
· 3+ years’ experience in LED lighting fixture design
· Proficient knowledge in CAD / Solidworks / Inventor
· Understanding of power supplies, controls and LED’s
· Experience with UL & DLC certification process and applicable safety standards
If interested in this position please contact: email@example.com