Perfecting the art of lighting.
Together, LE and Environments help clients build custom environments where humans and technology work in unison. We blend the latest innovations with elevated design, quality products and impeccable service to provide outstanding value for customers.
Lighting Environments and Environements is looking for field and/or electrical technicians to join our growing Controls team in the Baltimore-Metropolitan and Richmond, Virginia area!
We are seeking to hire two (2) experienced Field Service Technicians! This position will perform onsite programming and commissioning of lighting control and building control systems. Projects range from simple stand-alone systems to complex network systems to hospitality to architainment, as well as loT systems encompassing controls outside the normal lighting scope. Additionally, this position will:
- Document and maintain project hardware, software, firmware and full system configuration.
- Travel to various job sites in various phases of construction to examine installation, test equipment, program equipment and train end-users on the use and upkeeping of lighting control systems installed.
- Represent the company in a positive and professional manner.
We are looking for field service technicians who:
- Able to travel to various sites in the surrounding areas: MD, VA and DC. Though most work will be performed during normal contractor hours from 5:00am to 3:00pm, it will be necessary to work some evenings and nights depending on the nature of the project.
- A team player with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to read and understand technical and construction drawings.
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving capability.
- Ability to work with, and technically train, customers at all levels of the construction process including contractors and end-users.
- Ability to tactfully respond to questions in a technically proficient, but customer service-oriented fashion.
- Great attention to detail and time-management skills.
- Degree and/or Certifications in relevant field (Lighting, Technical Theatre, Electrical Engineering or field experience.
- Experience with lighting control, Audio/Visual, building system, IoT Systems and/or logic controller programming/commissioning.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel and Outlook) is required.
- Experience with Bluebeam and AutoCAD are a plus with training provided as needed.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and vehicle.
- The physical requirements required to perform this position include:
- ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- ability to carry packages of up to 50 pounds short distances.
- ability to sit, stand, walk, reach and stoop for extended periods of time.
Manufacture specific training on all controls and loT product lines represented by Lighting Environments and Environments will be provided, in addition to the control system specific software.
Experienced theatre lighting control system and/or architectural lighting control system field technicians are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please submit your resume to [email protected].