Position reports to the Head Engineer and the Director of Design.
We are seeking a talented individual to join our Chicago team as a Senior Design Engineer.
Work with the Director of Design and Head Engineer in the design and development of lighting fixtures. Use Solidworks to create 3D models, use 3D printer for rapid prototyping, and create 2D drawings for manufacturing. Work with the Head Engineer, Director of Design, and the Purchasing Department to ensure correct part numbers are being used, current drawings are used for quoting from vendors, and production samples pass inspection.
- Engineering lighting fixtures and assuring quality control for these fixtures.
- Developing product models and drawings with SolidWorks.
- Working with the Head Engineer and the Director of Design on all new product designs.
- Using SolidWorks and 3D printer to design and rapid prototype the designs until they are approved for release.
- Use SolidWorks to develop 2D drawings to vendors for quoting.
- Works with the Purchasing department to ensure pre-production prototypes the designs until they are approved for release.
- Works with Underwriters Laboratory to get the fixtures UL rated.
- Responsible for the Quality Control of all the lighting fixtures.
- Tests all fixtures to ensure they adhere to UL standards.
- Notifies Director of Design, Head Engineer, and Purchasing of any discovered product defects via e-mail and in person.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Technical knowledge of electrical and lighting products.
- Engineering degree with emphasis in electricity preferred.
- Knowledge of UL requirements.
- 2 years working with electrical and lighting products.
- Serves as project lead designer engineer and supervises the work of other engineers, designers or CAD draftsmen.
Expert ability to prepare and maintain project input/outputs and list of materials.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and be self-motivated.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- 2 years Solidworks experience.
- Six Sigma knowledge a plus.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Professional, responsible and dedicated.
- Competitive pay.
- Health, dental & vision insurance.
- Voluntary Life, STD and LTD insurance.
- Matching 401(k) plan.
- Paid Holidays
Please sent all inquiries to Jacqueline Pellenz at email@example.com