INDEPENDENT DESIGN CONTRACTOR
We’ve been lighting the way !
Headquartered in Pembroke Pines, Florida, Evolution Lighting, LLC. is a manufacturer and distributor of lighting products. You’ll find our products at a variety of retailers including home centers, national retail chains, office superstore chains, mass merchandisers, warehouse clubs, discount department stores and hardware stores. Evolution Lighting products can be found under the trade names Catalina, Vision Max, Tensor, Alsy, Cresswell, Dana, and Illuminada as well as under many private brands exclusive to our retailers.
At Evolution Lighting, LLC. we have the latest in Energy Efficient Lighting. We provide today’s value in lighting products, whether decorative or functional in nature. Our knowledge and resources enable us to deliver true lighting excellence. Whether it’s basic lighting products, or those on the cutting edge of style and technology, Evolution Lighting, LLC. is committed to being the lighting supplier of choice and we’ll continue to do so by providing the latest in Energy Efficient lighting products, supported by our dedication to complete customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for developing innovative and sellable new lighting designs based on Product Plans and Design Briefs from Product Development Team
- Present design concept deliverables as well as relevant support/research materials
- Collaborate with US Product Development team on fixture development through CAD reviews, revisions, etc.
- Handle multiple Design assignments with multiple deadlines
- Participate in brainstorming meetings, sketch sessions, local showroom/store visits, etc. in support of the project. Prepare all deliverables in PPT format to review with PD team & Sr. staff
- Travel domestically to Showrooms, Trade Shows, Retailers (in all channels) and Design Districts for industry knowledge & inspiration
- Strong understanding of manufacturing capabilities including materials, costs, scale, to fit mass retail including Home Centers
Requirements and Skills:
- College Degree in Industrial or Product Design
- 5-7 Years’ Experience in Product Design Field (Experience in home decor/accessories a plus)
- Creative Problem-Solving Skills
- Strong Verbal and Visual Presentation Skills
- Ability to be self-motivated and self-directed in researching and presenting new designs
- Ability to take design direction and implement into own designs
- Trend Research and Competitive Research and Interpretation into sellable lighting concepts
- Time Management
- Proficient in Illustrator & Photoshop
Please submit applications to: Amy Bricker at firstname.lastname@example.org