Location: Canada – Montréal, 11105 rue Renaude Lapointe, Montreal, QC H1J 2T4
Reporting to Product Development manager, the Industrial Designer will be assigned both product development tasks and maintenance on existing products.
Candidate must be detail oriented, have the ability to work on multiple projects, and team-oriented to carry out common projects.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- New Product Development
- Participates in the design and development of new lighting products and adaptation of existing products line for North American market.
- Take part in the different stages of product development, such as R&D, conceptualization, physical mock-up validation, samples, or others.
- Ensure that new products meet current certification standards (CSA / UL).
- Produce all relevant documentation related to new products launch, parts and assembly drawings, Bill of Material (BOM), data sheet, installation sheet, labeling, wiring diagram in collaboration with other team member.
- Responsible for producing and maintaining product technical specifications, Bill of Material (BOM) throughout product life cycle.
- Products Maintenance
- Implement improvement or changes to existing products in coordination with production or other operations department considering the impact on all products line.
- Make the required revisions in parts and assembly drawings.
- Ensure feasibility and plan changes at the BOM level.
- Updating products specs according to current procedures.
- Participate in continuous workflow improvement activities.
Skills & Requirements:
- DEC or BA degree in Industrial Design.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related experience in Industrial Design or Product Development.
- Experience in lighting industry an asset.
- Knowledge of AGi32 and/or with IES certification a plus.
- Proficiency in the following CAD tools: Siemens NX, Rhino3D, Solidworks, AutoCAD.
- Highly skilled in the following 2D graphic and 3D rendering tools: Adobe Creative Suite| (InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop), KeyShot render.
- Good knowledge of assembly and part detailing.
- A team player who thrives in collaborative setting and has solid communication skills.
- English and French verbal and written are essential. (Italian a plus)
Interested candidates should send their resume to [email protected]