January 15, 2020, BRENTWOOD, TN—This spring, the National Lighting Bureau will launch a “Trusted Warranty” Evaluation Program in an effort to provide an independent evaluation on lighting manufacturers’ warranty processes. The program has been designed with a reasonable, per company fee structure to encourage as much participation as possible. The NLB will work with lighting designers, electrical distributors, electrical contractors, utilities and other stakeholders to educate them on the benefits of working with companies that have earned the NLB “Trusted Warranty” designation.
The policy was written by NLB members who consist of:
- interNational Association of Lighting Management Companies (NALMCO)
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW)
- National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA)
- S. General Services Administration (GSA)
- National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA)
- Illuminating Engineering Society (IES)
- Bios Lighting
- GE Current, a Daintree Company
- Healthe by Lighting Science
- Imperial Lighting Maintenance Company
- Inspired LED
- Lutron Electronics Company
- Truly Green Solutions
- Universal Lighting Technologies
- ZLED Lighting
The NLB is seeking feedback on this draft proposal. For more information and to comment, please visit the website at https://nlb.org/trusted-warranty-program/
About the NLB.
The National Lighting Bureau is an independent, IRS-recognized, not-for-profit, educational foundation that has served as a trusted lighting-information source since 1976. The NLB is focused on Promoting Lighting Excellence™ and helping the lighting industry solve its business problems. The Bureau provides its services to the public free of charge.