Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
701 Millennium Boulevard
Greenville, SC 29607
The Sourcing Manager, Lighting will develop and execute sourcing strategies for assigned categories and/or assigned items. Assigned items are likely to be but not necessarily limited to LEDs (Level 1 and 2), COBs, LED Drivers, Control Solutions, and Traditional Lighting Lamps, Ballasts, and sockets and other related direct materials. Plan and implement activities for cost reduction with cost being defined as cost, lead-time, and quality of assigned category products.
Provide leadership to the organization with respect to assigned category. Prioritize and maintain balance between cost of acquisition and cost of possession to maximize return on investment including methodologies to maximize working capital. Balance workload across the all Hubbell Incorporated sites and the four Hubbell Platforms; Power, Lighting, Construction and Energy, and Commercial and Industrial.
Duties and Responsibilities:
STRATEGIC SUPPLIER MANAGEMENT:
- Lead/Support supplier sourcing, evaluation and selection, negotiation, performance monitoring, relationship management, and continuous improvement;
- Work closely with cross functional leadership to develop and maintain technology and/or Product strategies;
- Develop and maintaining strong global supplier relationships, including supplier site visits and relationships at all levels of their organization;
- Track and report on supplier strategies, monitoring spend, business allocation, capability gap analysis and facilitate cross-functional review and evaluation;
- Develop strategies for the mitigation of risk in the supply chain, overall and for specific new product programs;
- Provide benchmarking studies and market analysis;
- Negotiate buys & long term agreements for components and raw material;
- Organize and lead regular strategic supplier business reviews;
- Generate and present supplier performance metrics to suppliers and manage associated corrective action and continuous improvement initiatives, such as VA-VE and lead time reduction programs.
- Facilitate the support of category analysis (internal and external) in support of the Strategic Sourcing processes.
- Manage sourcing and negotiations, implementation of agreements and integration of key suppliers, performance monitoring, ongoing supplier and contract management for assigned commodities.
- Assist in the development and enhancement of processes; systems and reporting capabilities to drive efficiencies in providing regional procurement services.
- Help improve processes and leverage technology to reduce costs, identify and implement best practices, and measure performance.
- Identify appropriate competitive benchmarks and implements approved process changes necessary to achieve first quartile performance in benchmark group.
- Contribute to Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) reduction efforts and initiatives to achieve the benefits.
Skills and Experience
- Must have experience or prior knowledge working with major lighting suppliers – Phillips, GE, Nichia, etc.
- BS in Supply Chain Management or Engineering and 5-10 years of experience or training/equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in a Manufacturing/Engineered Product environment.
- Interfacing with manufacturing engineering and program management teams.
- Experience in negotiation internal and external to a matrixed corporate environment.
- Materials management, JIT, TCO, and Working Capital.
- CPSM, APICS, and LC certification a plus.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Please apply on our website at https://career4.successfactors.com/career
Or Send Resume to Laurin Pendleton (firstname.lastname@example.org)