The Designers Lighting Forum of New York and the LEDucation committee announces the LEDucation 2020 Trade Show and Conference will be cancelled based on the growing concerns of COVID-19 in the lighting industry and the New York community.
The trade show and conference, slated to be held in New York City on March 17–18, is rescheduled for August 18–19, 2020 at the New York Hilton Midtown.
LEDucation 2020 is host to more than 400 exhibitors representing the lighting industry’s most innovative design and technology companies. The two-day event was anticipated to draw over 6,000 attendees. “We recognize all the hard work that so many have put into preparing for the Leducation Trade Show and Conference,” said Burt Grant and Caroline Rinker, LEDucation co-chairs. “Based on the evaluation of evolving circumstances, it is clear that it would be an unacceptable risk to bring so many together in New York next week. The safety and health of our industry is of utmost importance.”
The March conference was set to feature 33 sessions, led by lighting and allied field industry experts. “We appreciate the effort and support of our LEDucation 2020 speakers” said Wendy Kaplan and Craig Fox, presentation co-chairs. “We look forward to working with them again for the August show.”
ATTENDEE LEDucation RESERVATIONS
Attendee registrations will remain fully valid for the LEDucation alternative date of August 18-19, 2020. For cancellations, email email@example.com
FOR RESERVATIONS AT THE NY HILTON MIDTOWN
All guests of the hotel that have booked a room under the LEDucation block should contact reservations, beginning Thursday, March 12. Call 212-586-7000 and press #2 to cancel and receive a refund. The hotel is receiving many calls and ask for your patience. We are working towards securing a room block for August and will release this information once available.
- All lead retrieval orders have been credited to the next event.
- Portal links will remain active and you may modify the staff attending the August date at anytime.
- Insurance requirements will be announced in the coming weeks.
- Your table locations will remain the same. If you have any requests please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- All orders and payments will be applied to August show.
- Freight AEX has received will be stored for the show. Anyone that needs to retrieve freight from the AEX warehouse, please contact AEX Convention Services 609-272-1600 or via email email@example.com
- Freight that continues to arrive at the AEX warehouse will be accepted and stored. When freight gets refused it can get lost and it’s better for it to be safely in AEX control
- You should contact any carriers delivering directly to the Hilton and have their freight rerouted. If you wish to reroute to the AEX warehouse that is an option.
Should attendees or exhibitors require additional assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org