Job Description: Lighting Account Manager
Illumetek is a national lighting, electrical, and controls management company operating predominantly in the retail sector, looking to aggressively expand operations into the commercial and industrial sectors. In addition, we strive to expand services as required to stay abreast of the technology changes in our industry.
Job Summary: The Illumetek leadership team is looking for a high-performing, results-driven Account Manager to help us meet our customer acquisition and revenue growth targets. Our ideal candidate will:
- Have experience in the LED lighting and controls market
- Have an existing relationship base with the commercial-industrial and/or retail market segment
- Generate revenue by developing market potential through forecasting, lead generation, qualification, recommendations, and closing sales.
- Be independent and self-motivated
- Be well versed in national account sales, long sales cycles, multi-million dollar opportunities, and the on-going development of key strategic partnerships within the industry.
- Maintain a regular practice of excellent follow-up with customer opportunities
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifying market potential by qualifying accounts
- Initiating sales process by scheduling appointments; making initial presentation; understanding account requirements
- Closing sales by building rapport with potential account; explaining product and service capabilities; overcoming objections; negotiating and preparing contracts
- Expanding sales in existing accounts by introducing new products and services; developing new applications
- Attending weekly pipeline reviews with management
- Developing trusted advisor relationships with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Building and promoting strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs
- Presenting sales, revenue and expense reports and realistic forecasts to the management team
- Identifying emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
- Contributing information to market strategy by monitoring competitive products and reactions from accounts.
- Internal collaboration with operations and customer engineering to ensure client expectations are understood and adhered to
- Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in the lighting, controls, or energy industries
- Proven work experience as an Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Sales Account Manager, or relevant role
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
- Solid experience with CRM software and MS Office (particularly MS Excel)
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities; strong verbal and written communication skills
- Hardworking, persistent, and dependable
- Positive and enthusiastic
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Proven ability to problem solve
Interested candidates should contact HR@illumetek.com.