Directs promoting and selling of lighting products and services to larger customers while managing a team of Project Managers. This is a union shop so you will be managing union workers.
- Develops, recommends and implements yearly sales plan and strategies to support plan.
- Identifies and solicits potential customers.
- Promotes sales to existing customers and identifies profit margins.
- Assesses customer needs and resources and recommends products.
- Develops reports and quotations as part of sales presentations to illustrate benefits of products and services.
- Consults with customers after sale to resolve lighting problems and provide ongoing support.
- Develops and coordinates sales and product training for sales team to develop broader base of lighting knowledge.
- Researches and identifies new lighting suppliers.
- Develops and promotes lighting sales promotions.
- Develops sales plans with suppliers for new product introductions.
- Sets customer pricing for new products.
- Prepares lighting designs for customers and recommends lighting requirements.
- Prepares quotations.
- Reviews reports to identify problems and takes action to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Works with purchasing team to develop lighting inventory for individual trading areas.
- Helps staff and purchasing remain current with latest lighting developments and takes actions to keep inventory up to date and current.
- Prepares status reports, including activity, closings, follow-up, inventory levels and adherence to goals.
- Communicates new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to staff.
- Recruits, develops, and trains lighting specialists to achieve sales goals and provide customer service.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- In-depth knowledge of lighting products.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills including ability to convincingly persuade others in personal and telephone interviews.
- Ability to clearly and effectively set and attain goals, create work plans, establish rewards, and measure performance.
- Strong computer skills.
- Inside or outside sales in electrical wholesale – 3 years required; 5 years preferred.
- Track record of success in business to business sales – 3 years required; 5 years preferred.
- Supervision of staff-
- Product knowledge of the following: Eaton, Cooper Lighting, CREE, Leviton, Hubbell, ABB/ GE-
- High School Degree or equivalent required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
To receive immediate consideration, resumes can be sent to Sondra Carlson (SCarlson@wescodist.com).