TITLE: Lighting Solutions Specialist – Lighting Application and Custom Solutions
Classification: Exempt, Non-Union
Reports to: Director, Lighting Solutions
Interface with customers regarding technical aspects of the organization’s products. Work closely with Sales and Engineering to provide support through the creation of lighting calculation layouts and technical solutions to meet project specific requirements. Determine the best project solution to ensure customer satisfaction and adherence to organization policies. Assist Managers with custom modification process. Relay customer feedback regarding products to the appropriate individuals in Sales, Quality Control and Product Management. Support Marketing Department by creating lighting related technical documentation. Provide guidance, training and instruction to non-technical representatives. Possess a strong technical knowledge of assigned products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review custom requests and assist Department Manager with technical solutions
- Communicate and clarify open questions regarding custom solutions
- Perform lighting calculations and comparisons utilizing AGi32, AutoCAD, and Photometric Toolbox
- Must communicate directly with customers to coordinate the successful completion of lighting layouts
- Create submittal drawings utilizing AutoCAD for customer’s interior and exterior projects
- Maintain overview of industry relevant lighting certification programs
- Submits products for approval in industry relevant lighting programs
- Support coordination of photometric testing with outside laboratory
- Maintain IES photometry library
- Must be proficient in creation of educational presentations
- Provide in-house lighting and/or product training for Selux employees, customers and representatives
- Assist Regional Sales Managers, Customer Service and Quotes with technical questions
- Provides technical support to customers
- Create internal project files and log all customer questions and concerns to establish patterns and training needs, escalating information to as needed
- Work directly with Marketing and Product Development team
- Compare and learn specification features and understand manufacturing methods
- Support agent training by assisting with the planning and coordinating of technical subject matter
Qualification Requirements and Skills:
- 2-year Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Lighting or equivalent experience a plus
- Experience with photometry and lighting calculations
- Strong computer skills, to include: AGi32, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Suite. Revit and Adobe Creative Suite (PhotoShop, InDesign) is a plus.
- Ability to read lighting layouts, lighting manufacturing engineering drawings, and schematics
- Highly self-motivated with strong positive attitude
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Physical Demands: Frequently requires standing, walking, reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, bending and walking up/down stairs. May require some light to moderate lifting. Occasional national and/or international travel may be required.
Personal Protective Equipment: As required by local or state mandate, not typically required as a normal course of this position, however, will be subject to wearing required PPE when in the production areas.
Interested candidates should send their resume to [email protected]
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time