a•light, a Division of The Luminaires Group is hiring! www.alights.com
Our growing team requires a Lighting Specialist to join our Applications Team. a•light is an exciting, customer driven, architectural lighting design and manufacturing company based in the Oceanside, California. If you are qualified and enthusiastic, please apply through the link on this page.
About the Position:
The Lighting Specialist will apply the capabilities of our company, through design and engineering, to help customers realize their architectural lighting visions.
Answering and troubleshooting technical questions throughout the design and construction process. Topics include:
- Light emitting diodes and drivers.
- Controls (Dimming, switching and emergency).
- Sensors (including occupancy, daylight, and combination sensors).
- Modifications to standard fixtures.
- Lighting calculations using standard and modified product (AGI32) desired.
Assist customer service and sales departments with the following:
- Review complex orders to assist in a successful design.
- Review project drawings and details to ensure customer intent is met.
- Cross-overs of existing specifications.
Work with Engineering department on the following:
- Develop modified solutions for mounting, shielding, and luminaire configurations.
- Submittal drawings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture / Architectural Engineering / Architectural Science/ Engineering with Lighting Concentration.
- Comfortable communicating with clients often.
- Strong work ethic.
- Takes care to get to the heart of a question and determine an appropriate solution.
- Creative problem solver.
- Effectively manages workload.
- Ability to learn new computer programs (Solid Works, Photopia, company database and workflow programs).
Desired lighting knowledge:
- Strong understanding of photometric concepts and units (Lumen Method, Uniformity, Illuminance, Exitance, Luminance, Lumens, Candela).
- Basic understanding of vision, visual performance, glare, and comfort as it relates to lighting.
- Lamp technologies (fluorescent, halogen, LED, metal halide, high pressure sodium).
- Power supplies (ballasts, drivers, transformers).
- Sensors (occupancy, and photocell).
- LED drivers, and dimming capabilities.
- Lighting control protocols (Line Voltage, Low Voltage, PWM, 0-10V, DMX, DALI).
- Methods of light control (Reflection, Transmission, Refraction, Control by obstruction) and knowledge of optical materials preferred but can be developed (reflectors and lens materials).
- Knowledge of current lighting codes, certifications, and recommended IESNA illuminances preferred, but not required.
Computer program knowledge must include the following:
- MS Office.
- AGI 32.
- Adobe Illustrator.
- Solidworks (preferred but not essential).
- Revit (preferred but not essential).
- Photopia (preferred but not essential).
Job Type: Full Time:
Excellent Total Rewards Package that includes competitive pay, benefits and 401K.
Click to Apply: http://smrtr.io/34rvx
About the Company:
a•light is a leading high-end specification lighting manufacturer. We have an award-winning product line, exceptional customer service, and uncompromising quality. Located in Oceanside, California where there is plenty of sunshine! We have a great work environment and promote a positive work-life balance for our employees.