Position Title: Manufacturing Engineer *Position No Longer Available*
Classification: Exempt, Professional
Reports to: Lean Manufacturing Manager
Lucifer Lighting is a second-generation family-owned company and over our 30+ years of operation, we have grown from a specialty manufacturer to a global resource for world class architects, designers, and developers who specify our products for everything from high-rise hotels and urban financial centers, to flagship retail stores and restaurants, to private homes and specialty museums.
We have passion for art, design and community. All of our products are designed, prototyped, and manufactured by old-world craftsmen, hands-on machine operators, and high-tech engineers at our sustainably-built headquarters location. Our goal has always been the same: to make lighting fixtures that make it easier for people to see, appreciate and experience special things and places.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with design engineers in implementing new product designs into production.
- Plans and designs manufacturing processes in a low volume /custom assembly environment.
- Designs and specifies fixtures, tools and testers needed to achieve manufacturing goals.
- Maximizes efficiency by analyzing layout of equipment, workflow and assembly methods.
- Provides engineering product support for an electro-mechanical product line.
- Works with production to structure product manufacturing bill of materials (BOM’s).
- Generates Engineering Change Requests, procedures and assembly instructions.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Comply with all company policies, rules, guidelines and behavior expectations
- Perform other duties as requested by the company
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- CAD proficiency required and SolidWorks experience preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office suite to include Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to learn new processes, procedures, and tasks
- Demonstrated ability in analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to perform related administrative tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with all levels of staff from hourly workers to company executives.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college or university in mechanical, electrical or manufacturing engineering.
- At least five years of manufacturing engineering experience in assembly operations.
Please contact Alina Sternberg, HR Manager
Lucifer Lighting Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, pregnancy, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status.