We are LED lighting designer and manufacturer with expertise in Outdoor, industrial and residential sector. We currently have an Independent Contractor opportunity available for a Mechanical Design Engineer (Lighting Experience) with experience in in explosion proof / hazardous / marine LED lighting.
As a member of our product design and development engineering team, this individual will be responsible for the following:
- Design and develop fixtures for existing product lines
- Develop specifications sheets
- Modify existing products per customer requirements or based on continuous improvement
- Work with testing and compliance team to develop product samples
- Lead engineering design reviews
- Key interface with product development, quality and operations staff
- Has worked on LED fixtures requiring certifications such as: Class I, II, III; Div I, II, and III;
- Experience in NEMA 4X; UL 1598A, UL844, UL875
- Experience in IP 67 enclosures for marine grade lighting
- Understand the certification processes around such ruggedized lighting such as ATEX, CSA, etc.
- Experience in in explosion proof / hazardous / marine LED lighting is a MUST.
- 4+ years practical experience in product design and development in the Lighting industry
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes including injection molding, die-casting, extrusion and thermoforming
- Able to design/build prototypes
- In addition to excellent engineering design skills, demonstrated top grade aesthetic capabilities desired
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Resourceful, highly organized while maintaining a high level of attention to detail and accuracy; Highly dependable, self-motivated and directed
- Flexible, able to work within a team environment; managing multiple projects and tasks at the same time
Committed to advancing the state of lighting, we are an established organization with a proven track record of excellence and great corporate culture. If you share our drive, professionalism and enthusiastic spirit and would like to be a part of a growing organization, we would like to hear from you. Please email your resumes at [email protected]