Glint Lighting is seeking an experienced, talented, and highly-motivated mechanical engineer to join our team developing innovative, award-winning new lighting fixtures.
Glint’s luminaires improve lighting functionality, reduce glare, and blend seamlessly into the architecture. Our flagship Hero luminaire has been recognized with a wide range of design and technology awards, including from Red Dot, Good Design, Architectural Record, Lightfair, and Light & Building. The energy-saving potential of our patented technologies has been recognized through funding awards from the US Department of Energy and the California Energy Commission.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes: company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance policies; Vanguard Simple IRA with 3% match; equity options; and 3 weeks paid vacation per year.
- CAD design of luminaires and mounting hardware
- Design optimization for performance, appearance, manufacturability, and cost
- Establish design methodologies and documentation procedures
- Prototype luminaire designs and evaluate performance for design iteration
- Participate in developing and evaluating suppliers and fabrication partners
- Develop precision assembly procedures
- Closely coordinate with optical design, industrial design, and testing efforts
- B.S. in mechanical engineering or other relevant field
- 5+ years industrial experience in mechanical design & fabrication, preferably within the solid-state lighting industry
- Expert user of SolidWorks
- Detailed knowledge of part design for injection molding, casting, extrusion, and sheet metal processing
- Experience in product design / industrial design is a plus
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent references
- Local candidates preferred