National Channel Manager – Commercial & Industrial Lighting
Holm, a Hunter Industries company, was born from an industry demand for a comprehensive offering of distinctive line and low voltage lighting fixtures for the commercial market. Holm is backed by the company’s nearly four decades of engineering expertise and our products are designed to meet required specifications while echoing the aesthetics of the project.. Although we’re global, we’re family owned, and our casual, fun, and caring company culture is what makes this a special place to work. As we grow, we are dedicated to preserving our unique culture that makes our employees proud to work here. Whether you’re pursuing a career at our headquarters in Southern California, or an opportunity at one of our state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities, or something somewhere in between, we look forward to welcoming you to Hunter Industries and our Family of Companies.
To learn more about HOLM please visit: https://www.holmlighting.com/
About this Role:
The National Channel Manager is responsible for regional sales efforts of the Commercial and Industrial Lighting Channel brand and products. S/he is responsible for strategic business development including market growth and enhancement of the customer experience.
Demonstrates behavior consistent with the company’s values of Customer Satisfaction, Innovation, Family and Social Responsibility.
Location:The incumbent must reside in the USA; urban cities within Colorado, Illinois, New York, or Texas are preferred.
Essential Job Functions/Tasks:
- Achievement of sales, profit, and strategic objectives for the region. Key concentrations are the management of manufacturer representatives and other business-to-business relationships and the identification and development of new opportunities to provide measured revenue growth.
- Manages communication with manufacturer representatives, specifiers, and other lighting professionals on a regular basis within assigned area and serves as the primary resources for information on the market’s conditions pertinent to sales and business development.
- Cultivates relationships with manufacturer representatives; understand their needs, identify business development opportunities, and deliver solutions without compromising company profits and market parity.
- Increases brand awareness and demand for products among lighting specifiers and other industry professionals.
- Develops and executes regional training programs and promotional activities. Works in conjunction with manufacturer representatives to plan and implement relevant sales activities.
- Identifies and participates in relevant regional trade association events, including trade shows, conferences, networking, and educational events.
- Provides management with manufacturer representative evaluations, occurrences and other pertinent information.
- Identifies suitable manufacturer representatives to manage open territories; responsible for the selection and on-boarding of such representatives. May recommend the replacement of existing representatives.
- Provides regional information to drive informed business decisions and influence internal support and perceptions of market opportunities.
Other Job Functions:
Performs other related tasks as assigned, some of which may become essential to the position.
Responsibility for safety is an important part of the manager position at Hunter Industries. It can only be successful when each manager understands that they play a key role in the implementation of the company Injury and Illness Prevention Program and safety procedures. They are to recognize hazards and correct unsafe conditions in a timely manner. They should set the tone for safety by personal example and commitment to following company safety policies. Manager personnel should investigate work related injuries and illnesses and take corrective and preventive action, including disciplining those who break the rules. Violators should be treated with fairness and firmness.
Bachelor’s degree in related field of study.
Requires a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a professional sales or technical support position, with a minimum of 3 years within the lighting industry.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s):
KSA #1: Knowledge of selling, pricing, marketing, and distribution models within the industry. Effective selling and presentation skills, with the demonstrated ability to attain sales goals. Ability to explain and sell the features and benefits of products. Ability to conduct training and educational programs.
KSA #2: Knowledge of consultative selling techniques, contacts within distribution channels, business management and marketing techniques. Requires strong commitment to customer service.
KSA #3: Technical knowledge of company and competitor products. Ability to perform technical support, troubleshoot systems, and recommend solutions.
KSA #4: Ability to establish and maintain highly effective working relationships and achieve a high level of customer satisfaction. Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills in English. Ability to leverage relationships and negotiate contracts.
KSA #5: Must be goal orientated with the ability to meet or exceed sales objectives. Requires the ability to lead, plan, and organize for meeting objectives across regions.
KSA #6: Knowledge of finance and budgeting processes. Ability to prepare budgets and manage expenses within budget.
KSA #7: Ability to travel extensively, live in a strategic location within the territory, and work flexible hours.
KSA #8: Basic computer skills with proficiency in MS Office Suite.
KSA #9: Valid driver’s license and driving record sufficient to meet requirements to be insured by company. Must have or be able to obtain a valid passport.
Ability to sit to use the computer and to perform paperwork activities. Ability to climb stairs to gain access to upper level work area.
Requires ability to walk on uneven terrain at field sites. Intermittently walking and standing to move about and to perform work within the office, customer locations and field sites.
Ability to occasionally lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds to assist in set-ups and take-downs at trade shows. Ability to work in a variety of positions (bending, kneeling, crouching) to perform set-ups and take-downs at trade shows, product change-outs and product troubleshooting.
Manual dexterity and coordination sufficient to set-up and take-down displays at trade shows. Finger dexterity sufficient to use a computer and to complete paperwork activities.
Visual acuity sufficient to use a computer and to complete paperwork activities. Hearing sufficient to communicate with individuals in person and by telephone.
Office setting with temperature controls. Customer sites with varying conditions.
Follow us on LinkedIn, check out our rave reviews on Glassdoor, and learn more about our company culture on our career site: https://corporate.hunterindustries.com/careers