About Brownlee Lighting:
Brownlee Lighting, founded in 1977, is a national lighting manufacturer headquartered in Orlando, Florida. Focused predominantly on decorative, high performance LED luminaires, the company serves a variety of markets such as commercial office, multifamily residential, hospitality, healthcare and more. It’s an exciting time to be in the lighting industry and Brownlee Lighting is committed to exceeding the expectations of its customers, employees and community for years to come.
The main focus of this position will be the productive management of our Commercial & Industrial representative network in the US and Canada, as well as immediate implementation of sales strategies and detailed plans to profitably drive revenues for the company. In addition to our reps, this position will manage the current Brownlee Lighting sales and quotations staff, and will be in charge of maintaining and developing strong relationships with key accounts. The National Sales Manager reports directly to the President of Brownlee Lighting and would ideally be based at our headquarters in Orlando, FL…traveling approximately 40-50 percent of the time.
Characteristics and Responsibilities:
Above all else, this position must understand, maintain and further progress Brownlee Lighting’s best in class reputation and drive for exceptional customer service while maximizing annual sales. The following is a summary of the essential job functions for this job.
- Lead Brownlee Lighting in achieving our annual sales and profit goals.
- Maintain, develop and advance national rep network.
- Constantly identify departmental needs and lead hiring efforts for future sales-related Brownlee positions.
- Keep abreast of current trends, styles, technological advancements and marketing conditions in the lighting industry.
- Remain up-to-date on competition and provide suggestions to product development department.
- Identify future markets to involve Brownlee Lighting in to maximize overall sales growth.
- Participate in local and national trade shows, as well as identify and suggest future trade shows to attend.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the lighting industry.
- Minimum of 10 years managerial experience.
- Proven success in a prior business development position is critical.
- Must have excellent communication skills, excellent relationship building/retaining skills and excellent presentation skills.
- Exceptional knowledge of the various sales channels in the lighting industry.
- Exceptional understanding of commercial construction and the various stages of the sale, from lighting design to procurement, both backwards and forwards. Must have clear vision and understanding of all parties and trades involved, from the developer, architect and engineer to the GC, EC, ESCO, distributer and everyone else in between.
- Must have thorough geographical knowledge, with full understanding of lighting territories. Must know how and when to protect reps and distributers on out of territory projects.
- Complete understanding of LED’s, photometrics and lighting layouts.
- Must be a self-starter and forward thinker. One that is driven to continue Brownlee Lighting’s growth in the lighting industry. This is continuously expected.
In addition to the items above, we look forward to employing a motivated sales manager that is as excited to be here as we are and has the self-drive needed to further not only the Brownlee sales force, but their personal goals as well. We are a family owned and operated company with strong moral values, and want nothing more than for our employees to live positive, enjoyable, successful lives both at work and at home with their loved ones.
Thank you for your interest in Brownlee Lighting!
Please send resume to email@example.com
Brownlee Lighting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.