Lightology is North America’s leader in decorative and architectural lighting. Through our website at Lightology.com, and our flagship location in downtown Chicago, our mission is to provide the best lighting solutions to residential and commercial markets.
Position reports to Chief Operating Officer (COO)
We are on a nationwide search for a National Sales Manager that will develop and build our business through residential, contract and commercial sales channels. Overseeing a team of almost 20 sales agents, you will be directly responsible for the strategic vision and handling of day-to-day operations within our growing sales department.
Lightology is one of the country’s top distributors of architectural and decorative lighting and has an established sales network. We are looking for a leader to take our vision and grow our market presence significantly over the next few years.
- Scout and develop new business opportunities through various distribution channels.
- Directly manage a team of Sales Reps servicing all our sales channels which include Architects &Designers, Contract & Hospitality, and Homeowners
- Develop and implement sales and growth plans for both our team and for customers
- Develop and build key New Client Relationships.
- Provide project management for new sales products and tools, working cross-departmentally
- Assist with Improving our Sales & Service Processes
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Minimum 3 years of prior management experience.
- Experience managing departmental budgets.
- Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign a plus.
- Proficiency in Windows-based applications: Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team to achieve objective
- Lighting industry knowledge a plus.
- NetSuite experience preferred.
- Experience in sales management, sales development management and/or successful track record in a quota carrying, closing role- preferably in CRM or enterprise applications
- Must be able to thrive in a very fast paced and constantly changing environment
- Successful track record in a high volume transaction sales and lead generation environment.
- 50% percent travel required
- Outstanding communication, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Professional, responsible, and dedicated.
- Excellent presentation and listening skills