Introduction: We are a fascinating architectural, commercial, and residential lighting manufacturer based in Los Angeles, California. Elite Lighting is where dynamic people make dynamic products for the ultimate lighting experience. We currently seek two experienced lighting sales managers (local, regional, national sales management) to serve as the ambassadors of our unique lighting brands experienced in national accoutns, specifications, distributor stock & flow, and government.
We are looking for the best talent in the lighting industry.
Position: National and Regional Sales Management
Reports to: Sales Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Anticipated Minimum Travel: 50 %
Sales Manager qualifications:
- Must demonstrate proven work experience as a Sales Manager with a solid sales record, solid relationships, and an annual expected sales goal of a few million.
- Experience working with a high-performance sales team.
- Great communication skills, both oral and written.
- Organizational skills.
- Excellent presentation capacity. The sales manager is expected to assimilate to a variety of audiences and social settings to effectively communicate the company goals.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with lighting products.
- Stay abreast of developing technologies and products in the lighting industry by attending tradeshows, taking courses, reading articles, establishing and continually contacting a network of lighting experts, and other ways of staying informed.
- Is loyal and can exercise discretion.
- Bachelor degree in Sales, Business Administration, Lighting Specifications, Marketing, or a related field.
- The Regional Sales Manager will concentrate on the local Southern California region.
Sales Manager Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with senior management to implement effective sales strategy to set and meet sales objectives.
- Lead nationwide/regional sales team members to achieve sales targets.
- Cultivate professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts.
- Maximize sales revenue and meet or exceed corporate-set goals.
- Forecast annual, quarterly and monthly sales goals.
- Assist sales personnel in their sales approach.
- Develop specific plans to ensure growth both long and short-term.
- Educate sales team with presentations of strategies, seminars and regular meetings.
- Streamline expenses and recommend improvements.
- Negotiate and close agreements with large customers.
- Monitor and analyze performance metrics and suggest improvements.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts.
- Perform research and identify new potential customers and new market opportunities.
- Provide timely and effective solutions aligned with clients’ needs.
- Liaise with Marketing and Product Development departments to ensure brand consistency.
- Stay up-to-date with new product launches and ensure sales team members are on board.
- An ability to collect, understand, and analyze sales performance metrics.
- Solid customer service attitude with excellent negotiation skills.
- Analytical skills with a problem-solving attitude.
- Availability to travel as needed.
- Submit a weekly summary of sales activity.
- Other duties as required by the position.
- Submit resume detailing your experience and salary expectation
- Submit a cover letter explaining why you would be a great fit
- Contact: Cindy firstname.lastname@example.org
* You must be legal to work in the United States.
* You must consent to a background check and federal drug screening.
Personal characteristics. The candidate should demonstrate competence in the following areas:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
About the Work:
- The company operates Monday through Friday starting at 7:30 AM daily.
- Mid to high level position, this is not an entry-level position.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Drug screening, references, and background check required.
- Competitive salary.
- Competitive health, dental, life, and vision plans.
- Performance-based individual incentives.
- Six major holidays paid through the year.
- Performance-based bonus at year-end.
- 401 K deferral through The Principal.
- Great upward mobility within the company.
- Sign-On Bonus.