Product Design Engineer-Nanometer Lighting-NYC
An exciting opportunity to join a growing privately held company in Maspeth, NY. Nanometer Lighting manufactures simple yet sophisticated high-end static or tunable white and RGBW backlighting and micro linear products. We have participated in some amazing award-winning architectural projects. We are looking to expand our team with a hands on energetic individual to join us in our NYC facility and grow with the organization.
Our ideal candidate has excellent communication and organizational skills, experience within the lighting industry, and able to work in a team environment. You must be self-motivated, and be able to work collaboratively with members of our design, engineering, marketing, sales, sales support, and operation teams to ensure continuity in product offering and company goals.
Job Responsibilities & Duties:
- Develop products and analyze product designs to meet target channels, ensuring that feature, quality, and cost objectives are met.
- Collaborate to define product specifications and ensure expected performance and reliability are achieved.
- Track the development of new products ensuring requested product development time frame is met by working closely with related departments
- Utilize CAD/Solid Works for product creation and improvement projects. Maintain and update complete documentation including part and assembly drawings, BOMS, instruction sheets, etc.
- Work with Engineering to ensure compliance with third party certifications such as cUL, JA8, CSA, ENERGY STAR, Lighting Facts, etc.
- Review and approve prototypes and work with related departments to find alternate solutions when needed.
- Work with the team to resolve product quality concerns.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering is highly preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience within the lighting industry.
- Professional work experience in commercial SSL/LED lighting fixture design
- Strong mechanical aptitude, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Self-driven and able to work under general project direction
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to handle multiple projects concurrently and function in a collaborative environment
- Working knowledge of basic manufacturing and fabrication methods, e.g. die casting, injection molding, extrusion, stamping, assembly, etc.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org