Blackjack Lighting is looking for an outstanding engineer with experience in the lighting industry to over see new product development, on going manufacturing, certification, component specification, and to add their knowledge base to this rapidly expanding, lighting manufacturing company. This is a unique opportunity for a candidate who understands manufacturing, is organized, and excited by contemporary lighting design and evolving technology. The right candidate will grow with the company as we take on some of the most exciting installations in the U.S.
- Ability to conceptualize and develop producible solutions for both new and value engineered product development
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Detail oriented
- Nimbly handle change in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Capacity to work independently.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a field of engineering
- 3+ years of professional experience with a proven track record of creative problem solving, in the lighting industry.
- Demonstrated ability to understand electronic, thermal, optical and mechanical issues related to LED’s and to general lighting manufacturing
- Working knowledge of CAD software (Solidworks preferred)
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft business software (Word, Excel, Project, Windows, etc.).
- Collaborate internally on new product documentation including illustrations, assembly drawings, specification sheets, installation sheets, packaging, technical documents.
- Ensure the product meets or exceeds expectations from a cost, timing, and specification standpoint
- Oversee product certifications and testing
- Requires the ability to work effectively with other disciplines including Marketing, Industrial Design, Manufacturing, Quality, and Supply Chain
- Knowledge of all common manufacturing processes such as injection molding, die casting, machining, stamping, sheet metal, etc.
- Complete projects to specified timelines
- Knowledge of North American lighting standards is a plus. (UL, ETL, IES, DLC, ANSI, etc.)
- Involvement in the full life cycle of lighting products
Blackjack Lighting is a manufacturer of decorative lighting products and systems for both residential and commercial lighting spaces. From individual fixtures in multi-family applications to large scale illuminated signature luminaires for offices, lobbies and hospitality spaces, our products are functional, efficient and unique.
Compensation commensurate with experience. Please provide resume, salary history and/or requirements when applying for this position.
Send Resume to: [email protected]