LF Illumination, an innovative, resourceful and forward thinking company that responds quickly to our customer’s requirements is looking for a like-minded engineer to join our New Products team. This group is responsible for developing both our award winning product designs and our unique project specific solutions. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years experience with an architectural lighting company and be familiar with all phases of product engineering and design.
- Work with senior management to develop industrial, mechanical and electro-mechanical system design solutions for new and custom luminaires based on engineering principles.
- Interpret client requirements, identify and address design parameters and engineering problems and ensure solutions are implemented accurately.
- Develop or assist in the creation of all supporting product documentation.
- Provide technical support to internal departments.
- Assist in resolving operational problems related to project changes and minimize delays.
- Serve as a resource for the rest of the engineering team.
- Responsible for project success either as project leader or as part of a project team.
- Provide product specific support sales and customer service team.
- Analyze project requirements and perform technical assembly design using SolidWorks CAD.
- Quickly and accurately create and finalize designs to meet project requirements.
- Create and enter complete and accurate Bill of Materials.
- Source and define components and parts from external suppliers.
- Perform first article inspection on specified parts and components.
- Evaluate final design and optimize the solution for performance improvements and cost savings where possible
- Ensure project completion from initial concept through final production.
- Oversee assigned project workflow and support internal and external resources to ensure timely delivery of projects with expected quality goals met.
- Customize solutions for mechanical and electro-mechanical design solutions including sheet metal housings, electrical assemblies, LED modules, cosmetic trims and bezels for industrial, commercial, and residential lighting fixtures.
- Determine and schedule prototyping requirements.
- Organize, plan, and conduct tests to prove concepts and design.
- Support manufacture, build and validation of systems and products.
- Create all supporting project documentation including but not limited to: bills of material, internal part numbers, packaging requirements, installation sheets, etc.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design or Mechanical Engineering (or similar related degree).
- 5+ years related job experience designing architectural lighting products.
- Proficient in SolidWorks software, MS Office, and SAP experience preferred.
- Strong fundamental knowledge of mechanical and electro-mechanical design and its application within the lighting industry.
- Critical thinking with exceptional problem solving skills, able to work independently or in team environment.
- Efficiently organize and plan work tasks to meet company goals.
- Proactive, resourceful & highly motivated with good communication skills and ability to work in a fast paced and high output environment.
Interested candidates please send a Cover Letter and Resume to Human Resources