JESCO Lighting Group, a leader in green, energy efficient lighting, has an opening for a Product Development Manager for its Track and Downlighting product lines. Ideal candidates have 5+ years’ experience in product, project or market management in the LED luminaire market or similar technical industry.
Candidates will manage the development cycle for LED Track and Downlighting products within the company’s industry leading portfolio. Will assist in the definition of new products and ensure that products are successfully released to the market.
• Ensure development of product aligns with JESCO’s vision and its sales and marketing team goals. Offer value engineering and component options to help achieve these goals.
• Ensure samples are developed production ready and in accordance with safety and efficiency certification requirements.
• Participate in strategic meetings with engineers and suppliers to align on bill of materials, logistics, pipeline, and pre-production decisions to create a successful product line.
• Manage line development activities to ensure time and action plan is followed.
• Hold pre-line and line adoption meetings, reviews open issues and assigns owners and level of importance for timely execution.
• Responsible for analyzing merchandise performance through hindsight reporting to drive future development.
• Analyze market trends to support design and manufacturing while placing appropriate assortments in inventory.
• Manage accuracy and integrity of data entered into the system.
• Owns and tracks sample development – first prototype through full production rollout.
Partnership & Collaboration Responsibilities:
• Communicate regularly with the engineering team and manufacturing counterparts to gather input, share line development direction, and to communicate business strategies.
• Validates initial costing and trouble shoots costing issues, partners with Sourcing.
• Manage the communication process with designers, component suppliers, and factories to develop each program within budgeted costs.
• Monitor merchandise performance with the marketing team
• Seek new strategic partnerships with factories that can aid in creating winning products
• Communicates approvals/changes to overseas offices and vendors.
• Outline product specification details including market requirements, target costs and prices.
• Define and manage project schedules for all phases of new product introduction.
• Communicate product change notifications both internally and externally.
• Collaborate with the Marketing department to train the sales channel on new products.
• Continually analyze market data from industry sources to measure our competitive position and product success in the market and maintain database of competitive products.
• Develop content and implement product specs, datasheets, website information, labels, installation manuals and other documentation.
• Maintain FAQ database in order to better assist Technical Support staff.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering and work experience in LED Product Development is preferred. Seasoned product line managers with semiconductor experience who are looking for a new challenge should also apply. A smart, driven and forward-thinking individual will be hired for this position. If you pride yourself in having these attributes, please contact us.
About JESCO Lighting Group:
JESCO LIGHTING was founded in 1998 and is a New York City based company with its headquarters in Port Washington, New York and distribution centers in Port Washington, New York and City of Industry, California.
We have one of the most comprehensive selection of architectural, energy-efficient lighting fixtures for a broad range of commercial, institutional and residential applications.
Having built a solid reputation on quality, service and value, our product offering includes a broad range of indoor and outdoor lighting products in the following lighting categories – Track, Recessed Downlights, Modulinear Directional, cove, cabinet, showcase, display, LED flexible linear, decorative, outdoor, architectural pendant and wall sconces.
Our product line is constantly evolving as technology advances. JESCO is one of the very first lighting companies to embrace the then new LED technology and we infused it into mainstream lighting applications. With over 14 years of experience working with and developing fixtures that employ the new and exciting LED lamp source, JESCO is now one of the premier sources for LED lighting fixtures. Our LED products are designed around the LED light source and not the other way around making for a well-designed, color consistent and extra long-life fixture with a proven track record.
Our goal is to become a one-stop solution for the residential, retail, hospitality and commercial markets. JESCO Lighting is dedicated to providing the best products at the best prices with the best possible service levels you have come to expect.
Email Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org