The Product Manager will lead the NICOR Industrial and Hazardous/Harsh location lighting product line activities in North America and is responsible for product life cycle management, product commercialization, market penetration strategies and pricing optimization. The Product Manager is expected to have unsurpassed knowledge of our products, technical requirements and specifications for targeted market applications/industries, customers and competitors. The Product Manager is the Champion that ensures product development, market launches, and lifecycle meets the needs of all key stakeholders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review product specifications of existing products and develop specifications for new product development. Develops testing procedures and guidelines, identifies qualification documentation for NPI and general laboratory testing procedures and methodologies.
- Determine market needs and trends for industrial applications in North America. Implement product innovation strategies via voice of the customer (VOC) activities with sales team, distributors, contractors, end-users and EPC’s.
- Conduct detailed analysis of competitors and their products.
- Commercialize products through tools, collateral, competitor selling strategies, training and specification support.
- Oversee the product lifecycle and provide initial and lifecycle forecasting.
- Act as subject matter expert for product level promotions by providing technical product content and competitive analysis; support trade-show activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business from an accredited institution. MBA preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of engineering, marketing or field sales experience with technical products; preferably in LED lighting, electrical or industrial applications. Prior ‘Hazardous and Harsh Environment’ experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Experience working with international cross-functional teams.
- Experience with strategic planning, product development and product lifecycle management.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to prioritize business needs.
- Team player, strong collaboration skills.
Full-time salaried, exempt position with full benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and relocation available.
Please send resume to email@example.com
NICOR is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
2200 Midtown PI NE
Albuquerque, NM 87107