Kenall Manufacturing, an independent sector of Legrand, was founded in Chicago, Illinois in 1963 and has built a reputation for durable lighting solutions of superior quality and exceptional value. Today, Kenall creates unique solutions for the healthcare, cleanroom/containment, food processing, transportation, high abuse, and correctional lighting markets. At Kenall, we believe Lighting is positioned to play a foundational role in the burgeoning Industrial IoT market as customers look to collect data, use video analytics, and capitalize on predictive algorithms to optimize their operation. Kenall has a great opportunity to join our Marketing Department as a Product Manager.
The Product Manager supports the development, refinement and promotion of Kenall’s lighting product solutions, providing tangible benefits that improve Kenall’s and its clients’ ROI. This position requires Product Management experience within the Lighting Industry. They will be responsible for determining and developing the appropriate product mix in specific categories, marketing planning, and core messaging to ensure a best-in-class competitive product with predictable, recurring and profitable revenue streams. Additional responsibilities include:
- Manage all aspects of product marketing within their assigned market segments, including plans for long- and short-term product evolution to ensure competitive advantage in the marketplace. Monitor market trends to keep product market expertise current and to provide trend updates and potential corresponding marketing/sales action items.
- Develop and maintain product documentation and demonstrations.
- Collaborate with the sales team to create and/or refine unique selling and value propositions that clearly define and demonstrate a measurable value to the marketplace.
- Continuously refine and develop all aspects of the products/lines based on future market potential and innovative lighting solutions to develop concepts that ensure profitable revenue growth opportunities.
- Perform Voice of the Customer (VOC) activities in managing specifier and agent relationships as it pertains to product requirements and needs.
- P&L analyses to support and make product line decisions
- Work closely with sales and engineering to monitor client needs and opportunities to further the market potential to ensure the evolution of the product is consistent with changing market needs.
- Develop product roadmaps and NPD priorities within designated product groups.
- Assess our proprietary products and services to determine needs to refine, enhance, integrate and/or augment existing lighting product solutions to improve Kenall’s competitive edge in the marketplace within assigned verticals.
- Lead the processes to capture market demand, source of volume estimates, unit volume forecasting and margin analysis within specified verticals for the purpose of building relevant businesses cases.
- Collaborate with the Senior Director of Marketing, sales and engineering to identify new product enhancement and development opportunities.
- Support the development of marketing literature and sales/customer service and agent training.
- Continuously refine measurement methodology and potential client ROI scenarios to ensure success metrics that drive product penetration and ongoing demand within assigned vertical markets.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or Engineering
- 5+ years of Product Management experience in the lighting industry required
- Knowledge of parking and area lighting a plus
- The ability to develop functional knowledge of technical data, lighting and engineering design software.
- Proficiency in clearly and concisely communicating thoughts, ideas and conclusions in written and verbal forms. Strong presentation skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of process and operational workflows; expertise in project management techniques and methods.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of continuous improvement methodologies, tools and techniques (data collections, process mapping, data analysis) for solutions.
- Ability to manage, prioritize and balance multiple projects and tasks simultaneously and within schedules, to achieve successful results.
- Able to work independently with minimal guidance and direction from management.
- The ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and industry publications.
- Resourceful and highly organized with an attention to detail and accuracy.
- Flexibility around changing priorities and schedules; willingness to work additional hours as needed to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to travel; occasionally over evenings and/or weekends.
Committed to advancing the state of lighting, Kenall is an established organization with a proven track record of excellence and great corporate culture. Kenall offers full time employment, competitive wages and benefits and continuous learning opportunities. If you share our drive, professionalism and enthusiastic spirit and would like to be a part of a growing organization, we would like to hear from you. For additional information, visit our website at www.kenall.com.
Apply here: https://kenall.com/Careers/Current-Opportunities