Centrally located in Toronto, Canada, Viscor is a division of Leviton Manufacturing’s Lighting Business Unit operating in Canada for over 60 years.
We are actively seeking a talented Product Manager from the Lighting Industry to join our accomplished team of lighting manufacturing specialists. The successful candidate resides in North America and will have product management experience of lighting products for healthcare, clean room and vandal proof applications.
We offer a supportive work environment, competitive salary, complete with benefits and opportunities for advancement whenever possible.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Product Manager, Certolux is primarily responsible for the management of our Certolux brand of lighting fixtures specialized for Medical, Clean Room and Vandal proof applications.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manages product families in the Certolux line.
- Identify products to be redesigned, deleted or added
- Use market/agent/specifier feedback to identify opportunities and new segments for growth
- Collects market data to understand price point targets
- Works with Marketing Department to generate presentation material
- Assists Engineering Department to understand design requirements and ensure product is built to proper level
- Assists Sales Department with presentations and technical support
- Provides training and support to customer service and agents
- Assists Customer Service and Agents with crossing specifications or suggesting alternates
- Works with Purchasing Department to source specialty components required
- Works with Lab Technician to ensure product performance as required
- Works with Lab Technician towards achieving electrical/safety/performance approvals as needed
- Travel to support agent/specifier presentations and trade shows (estimate once/month -OR- when safe to do so)
- Other duties as may be required
Qualifications and Skills
- A minimum of 2 -4 years of related product managerial experience
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong Knowledge of LED Lighting, Controls
- College or University Degree
- Previous experience in Manufacturing environment
- Proficient in MS Office
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to “think on your feet”
- Exceptional attention to detail and multitasker
Interested applicants may send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.